Inconsistencies with naming conventions for libraries


Guy <guy.tal@...>
 

Hello,

I have an issue compiling the common, commoncpp, mamac, mamacpp.

The issue is repeating in Visual Studio for all of them, so I'll use only the commonc issue.
Basically compiling commonc project, with Visual Studio in the past, I would expect to get commonc.lib and also commonc.dll. That behavior is the same today. However building with Scons I get tottally different output names.
The names I get while using Scons are all prefixed with lib* and in the commonc case it is libwombat*.

I would like to know what should be the correct name for all the 4 projects. This is important for me when I move on to use configuration that can work with both Visual Studio and Scons.

The following log from VS shows important warnings (1st and 2nd lines) and the output name of the project commonc.lib:
.
.
.
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1137,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(D:\dev\lib\openmama\git\next.140805\Release\commonc.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (D:\dev\lib\openmama\git\next.140805\Release\libwombatcommonmd.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1139,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(commonc) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (libwombatcommonmd). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>     Creating library D:\dev\lib\openmama\git\next.140805\Release\commonc.lib and object D:\dev\lib\openmama\git\next.140805\Release\commonc.exp
1>  Generating code
1>d:\dev\lib\openmama\git\next.140805\common\c_cpp\src\c\wmessagestats.c(769): warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'CurrentProcTime' used
1>  Finished generating code
1>  commonc.vcxproj -> D:\dev\lib\openmama\git\next.140805\Release\commonc.dll
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Remarks:
  1. Since I don't have Visual Studio 2008 I can't offer a patch for these issues.
  2. I'm using the 'next' branch but I checked that also with official 2.3.0 master branch.

Join Openmama-dev@lists.openmama.org to automatically receive all group messages.