From: openmama-dev-bounces@lists.openmama.org [mailto:openmama-dev-bounces@lists.openmama.org] On Behalf Of Sam Wilson
Sent: 23 March 2015 17:42
To: openmama-dev@lists.openmama.org
Subject: [Openmama-dev] onError from image request inbox lost

Hey,

I've got a (hopefully) quick question for you guys.

First off, our scenario: instead of getting initials and recaps from an interactive publisher, our middleware bridge allows market data subscribers to get initials/recaps from a cache. The cache can report a condition where there is no data for a particular subject, and we'd like to give that information to applications. Currently our bridge does nothing in this case, and eventually the image request times out.

Now my question: I'm attempting to deliver an onError from the inbox of an image request in a market data subscription to the application, but the image request does not provide an onError callback to the subscription. (See http://tinyurl.com/ld8cwfh) Is this intentional, or would it make sense to pass the onError callback through? If passing the onError through is correct, what is the right way to handle the destroy handle?

Thanks,
Sam