Re: Bloomberg and OpenMAMA

Macrux <kmacrux@...>

Hi Gary, Tom,

I'm going to clarify the scenario:

I'm trying to build an Automatic Trading System on the OpenMAMA basis. The initial market data provider is Bloomberg (a normal subscription, not b-pipe). I want to run different algorithms where each one is a separated instance, like the figure shows:

Now, thinking about the Tom answer, right now it seems not to be possible to get the order book using the tick42 bridge, do you know how could I accomplish this requirement?

Do you have any suggestion about a better way to build this algorithmic trading system?

Thanks in advance and,

Kind regards,

On 10 June 2015 at 11:21, Tom Doust <tom.doust@...> wrote:

Hi Nestor

Just to add to Gary’s reply. The Bloomberg API will support multiple connections on the same source. The number of different symbols you can subscribe to is limited only by what you are entitled to and by any subscription limits that Bloomberg may apply to your account.

Currently, the Tick42 blp  bridge does not generate mamda book messages. This is planned for a future version, but not yet scheduled

I hope this answers you questions, but please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Best regards

Tom Doust