Re: question about building on Windows

Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>

Hi Dmitri,

Yeah that will be 32 bit. They want you to generate 64 bit solution files by running (cmake standard):

cmake -G "Visual Studio 10 Win64"

(Changing IDE version to taste)

Yeah we don't use any of the bindings just proton-c. There are a bunch of other cmake macros to disable the extra bindings.

We did a lot of work in the last release to make our solution files more usable, but as with all building on windows, its the consistency of 3rd party library naming and layout which is one of the biggest hinderences. See rant here: http://fquinner.github.io/2015/09/20/porting-openmama-zmq-to-windows/ :)

On Mon, 9 May 2016 23:28 Dmitri Fedorov, <dfedorov.solace@...> wrote:
Hi Frank,

I'm just done building Qpid-Proton.

BTW it (Qpid-Proton) has only WIn32 build, does it mean I'm going to have only 32 bit OpenMAMA build?

I mistakenly rebuilt swig under Windows for it - do I need this swig dependency if I don't want any language bindings in Qpid-Proton? Does OpenMAMA use Qpid-Proton language bindings?

FYI I'm building under VS2015 and while doing from scratch most of the time I spent building Qpid-Proton (and I'm still not sure I've done it properly).

Cheers
Dmitri

Solace Systems accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Systems.

On 9 May 2016 at 14:53, Frank Quinn <f.quinn@...> wrote:

Hi Dmitri,

Looks like a C&P error from when this document was pulled across – see original instructions here:

http://wiki.openmama.org/index.php/Building_Libevent

Last time I built on windows though I don’t think I needed this step anymore, so maybe that was only for Visual Studio 2008 which is what I was using when I originally created those instructions.

Try going ahead without it and let me know how you get on so I can update documentation Instead try building with the libevent solution file in the WIN32-Prj subdirectory.

Frank Quinn, Principal Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9568 0209 (Ext: 3592)
24-26 Adelaide Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8GD
www.srtechlabs.com

SR.LABS Proven High Speed Electronic Trading Solutions