Re: question about building on Windows

Dmitri Fedorov <dfedorov.solace@...>

Frank,

Now I'm puzzled by the other dependency: libevent.

The OpenMAMA Wiki page you referred to suggests to build 1.4.x as libevent_code.lib, but openmama\mama\c_cpp\src\c\bridge\avis\avis.vcxproj refers to libevent.lib, how is it going to work?

What version of libevent do I need to build: 1.4.15 or 2.0.22?

It looks to me that the recommended version 1.4.X fails be build, OpenMAMA refers to the library that is not what's being build.

I was able to build 2.0.22 with "nmake /F Makefile.nmake libevent_core.lib", but I cannot build 1.4.15:

C:\Projects\ext\libevent-release-1.4.15-stable>nmake /F Makefile.nmake libevent_core.lib
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 14.00.23506.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
        cl /Iinclude /Icompat /IWIN32-Code /DWIN32 /DHAVE_CONFIG_H /I. /Ox /W3 /wd4996 /nologo /c ev
ent.c
event.c
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\include\10.0.10586.0\ucrt\time.h(39): error C2011: 'timespec'
: 'struct' type redefinition
compat\sys/_libevent_time.h(52): note: see declaration of 'timespec'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : r
eturn code '0x2'
Stop.

Thanks
Dmitri

On 9 May 2016 at 14:53, Frank Quinn <f.quinn@...> wrote:

Hi Dmitri,

Looks like a C&P error from when this document was pulled across – see original instructions here:

http://wiki.openmama.org/index.php/Building_Libevent

Last time I built on windows though I don’t think I needed this step anymore, so maybe that was only for Visual Studio 2008 which is what I was using when I originally created those instructions.

Try going ahead without it and let me know how you get on so I can update documentation Instead try building with the libevent solution file in the WIN32-Prj subdirectory.

Frank Quinn, Principal Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9568 0209 (Ext: 3592)
24-26 Adelaide Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8GD
www.srtechlabs.com

SR.LABS Proven High Speed Electronic Trading Solutions