OpenMAMA-6.3.0-rc2 Now Available
Hi Folks, RC2 now available with artefacts: https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/releases/tag/OpenMAMA-6.3.0-rc2
Let’s aim for a 2 week test window so please get testing!
From: Frank Quinn
NB: Further Bridge Interface change in OpenMAMA 6.3.0
As suggested by Chris over at Solace (and with my agreement), I think this is a good time to correct one of the interface consistencies that bridge developers have needed to deal with since we're currently bumping the versions to an incompatible bridge version anyway. The changes themselves should be easy to implement, but are nevertheless important for users of sub-messages:
Payload_addMsg() - now expects a mamaMsg rather than a msgPayload. This is to align with other payloads and support potential transcoding in the bridge
Payload_updateSubMsg - now expects a mamaMsg rather than a msgPayload.
This will allow us to put to bed a longstanding issue as well in https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/issues/297
I’ll get some more builds together within the next week or two, and extend the aspirational release date to 18th October 2019.
Sorry just as a quick correction, the list of issues is in this link, not the one in the previous email:
Sorry for the delay I hit a few snags trying to get the release together, but it’s finally ready!
Note that this changes the minor revision number which reflects a bridge change. This is because although this release doesn’t in itself do anything to break the bridge compatibility, new bridges being built using the new “base bridge” functionality would not be backwards compatible, so the version is being bumped to reflect this.
This is a maintenance release which fixes several outstanding bugs and introduces some new functionality.
For a complete list of all 20 issues included in this release, please see here: https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/milestone/9?closed=1
Please test rigorously particularly for bridge based functionality and feel free to try out the new docker images and ping the mailing list if you have any queries! I’ll leave testing open for 6 weeks, making the aspirational release date be 20th August.
For help on how to raise a ticket, please see:
T: +44 (0) 28 8678 8015