toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
At NYFIX we not too long ago moved from RH to CentOS 7 for our dev and prod installs, and assumed that CentOS 8 would be our eventual upgrade path.
It’s way too early to say how things shake out, with the exception that we will certainly NOT be moving to CentOS 8 Stream.
Personally I’ve moved my day-to-day development from CentOS to Ubuntu, and I’m quite happy with it. I now only use CentOS to regression test before pushing changes.
Hope this helps.
On Feb 24, 2021, at 12:34 PM, Frank Quinn <fquinn@...
I’m curious about the community feeling towards the future of CentOS. I’d appreciate a reply with one or a selection of the following for those of you running Red Hat derivative distributions:
- We will be clinging onto CentOS 7 for dear life since CentOS 8 will be EOL 2021 but CentOS 7 won’t be EOL until 2024
- We will be making the jump to CentOS Stream
- We will go with one of the CentOS clones
- We will bide our time and wait to see which CentOS clone comes out on top
- This doesn’t really affect us – we use RHEL everywhere
T: +44 (0) 28 8678 8015