Date

subscribers notification to publishers

Dmitri Fedorov <dfedorov.solace@...>

Could you please point me in the code where I would be able to see what notifications and under what conditions are generated by OpenMAMA from subscribers to publishers?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Dmitri Fedorov
Software Architect
Solace Systems, Inc.
Ottawa, ON Canada

Solace Systems accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Systems.

fields MdSubscMsgType and MdMsgType in message

Dmitri Fedorov <dfedorov.solace@...>

Hi,

When a message has this field:
 MdSubscMsgType:61

and also it has this field:
 MdMsgType:1

am I right to assume that MdMsgType is the real message type?

In other words, does MdMsgType take precedence over MdSubscMsgType?

Do we have a legal/illegal combinations of MdMsgType and MdSubscMsgType?

Thank you.

Regards,
Dmitri Fedorov
Software Architect
Solace Systems, Inc.
Ottawa, ON Canada

Solace Systems accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Systems.

Gitter vs IRC

Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>

Hi folks,

We're currently looking at gitter as a potential IRC compatible replacement and my personal opinion is that we should go with it.

You can already mess about in the proposed channel; you can read anonymously, or use a github or twitter account to contribute:

https://gitter.im/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA

It has several great features:

1. Instant messages are persisted to the room, so you will see history when you log in
2. Sensible concurrent login access with no username1 nonsense
3. Web front end comes for free
4. Provided by github so integrates very nicely into the project wiki etc
5. Native client provided for Mac, windows, Linux, iPhone and android
6. Also compatible with standard IRC clients

Downsides:

1. It increases the github lock-in
2. You'll need a github or twitter account to contribute

If anyone has any feedback about making the move, please speak up now. I'm sending this to both users and developers because it will impact both and I'll welcome and consider all responses. I'd hope that we can agree a decision one way or another by 7th June, then (if necessary) take the plunge.

Re: Reference guide for data.dict file

Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>

Hi Nestor,

We would recommend following the Open Market Data Model - you should be able to find the original docs still hosted under NYSE:

http://www.nyxdata.com/nysedata/Default.aspx?tabid=1211

On Thu, 19 May 2016, 21:01 Macrux, <kmacrux@...> wrote:
Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is any reference guide for the contents of the dictionary included in the data.dict file. I would like to know what fields should I use if I want to send an order to broker (in fact, to a topic where a market gateway is listening to), for example.

Thanks in advance,

Nestor.

Reference guide for data.dict file

macrux

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is any reference guide for the contents of the dictionary included in the data.dict file. I would like to know what fields should I use if I want to send an order to broker (in fact, to a topic where a market gateway is listening to), for example.

Thanks in advance,

Nestor.

Re: question about building on Windows

Dmitri Fedorov <dfedorov.solace@...>

see proton-c\include\proton\import_export.h, looks like PN_EXTERN gets resolved to __declspec(dllimport)

Regards,
Dmitri Fedorov
Software Architect
Solace Systems, Inc.
Ottawa, ON Canada

Solace Systems accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Systems.

On 17 May 2016 at 17:36, Dmitri Fedorov <dfedorov.solace@...> wrote:
0.12.1

Regards,
Dmitri Fedorov
Software Architect
Solace Systems, Inc.
Ottawa, ON Canada

Solace Systems accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Systems.

On 17 May 2016 at 17:23, Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...> wrote:

That's a new one on me - I didn't need to specify any additional macros when I was building proton what version is this?

On Tue, 17 May 2016, 22:19 Dmitri Fedorov, <dfedorov.solace@...> wrote:
qpid-proton.dll I built doesn't have symbols from codec.h exported, so it look s like I'm missing qpid_proton_EXPORTS define, does it make sense?

Thanks
Dmitri

Regards,
Dmitri Fedorov
Software Architect
Solace Systems, Inc.
Ottawa, ON Canada

Solace Systems accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Systems.

On 10 May 2016 at 09:37, Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...> wrote:
Hi Dmitri,

I wanted to do things like that but they kept changing them so I gave up (that's why we just point to their build method now). You'll find the latest list that I use in the travis CI environment for the ZeroMQ bridge (it uses qpid payload by default):

That'll be for qpid 0.10.0 though - doubtless it has changed again since then too.

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Dmitri Fedorov <dfedorov.solace@...> wrote:
Thanks Frank,

Do you think OpenMAMA Wiki should list cmake macros that disable functionality OpenMAMA doesn't need?
If you have such list, please send it my way, I can validate it.

Regards
Dmitri

Regards,
Dmitri Fedorov
Software Architect
Solace Systems, Inc.
Ottawa, ON Canada

Solace Systems accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Systems.

On 9 May 2016 at 18:40, Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...> wrote:
Hi Dmitri,

Yeah that will be 32 bit. They want you to generate 64 bit solution files by running (cmake standard):

cmake -G "Visual Studio 10 Win64"

(Changing IDE version to taste)

Yeah we don't use any of the bindings just proton-c. There are a bunch of other cmake macros to disable the extra bindings.

We did a lot of work in the last release to make our solution files more usable, but as with all building on windows, its the consistency of 3rd party library naming and layout which is one of the biggest hinderences. See rant here: http://fquinner.github.io/2015/09/20/porting-openmama-zmq-to-windows/ :)

On Mon, 9 May 2016 23:28 Dmitri Fedorov, <dfedorov.solace@...> wrote:
Hi Frank,

I'm just done building Qpid-Proton.

BTW it (Qpid-Proton) has only WIn32 build, does it mean I'm going to have only 32 bit OpenMAMA build?

I mistakenly rebuilt swig under Windows for it - do I need this swig dependency if I don't want any language bindings in Qpid-Proton? Does OpenMAMA use Qpid-Proton language bindings?

FYI I'm building under VS2015 and while doing from scratch most of the time I spent building Qpid-Proton (and I'm still not sure I've done it properly).

Cheers
Dmitri

Solace Systems accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Systems.

On 9 May 2016 at 14:53, Frank Quinn <f.quinn@...> wrote:

Hi Dmitri,

Looks like a C&P error from when this document was pulled across – see original instructions here:

http://wiki.openmama.org/index.php/Building_Libevent

Last time I built on windows though I don’t think I needed this step anymore, so maybe that was only for Visual Studio 2008 which is what I was using when I originally created those instructions.

Try going ahead without it and let me know how you get on so I can update documentation Instead try building with the libevent solution file in the WIN32-Prj subdirectory.

Frank Quinn, Principal Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9568 0209 (Ext: 3592)
24-26 Adelaide Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8GD
www.srtechlabs.com

SR.LABS Proven High Speed Electronic Trading Solutions

From: <openmama-dev-bounces@...> on behalf of Dmitri Fedorov <dfedorov.solace@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 11:06 PM
To: Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>
Cc: openmama-dev <openmama-dev@...>

Hi Frank,

This approach makes sense to me because my goal from the beginning was to assign proper values to EVENT_HOME, PROTON_HOME and AVIS_HOME.

Here is a branch I fixed to build with VS2015, I did not try it on other platforms (and I won't):

I'm not done yet :-)

Cheers

Dmitri

Solace Systems accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Systems.

On 10 May 2016 at 16:50, Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Dmitri,

Honestly, the more I deal with these issues (which seem to come up in a different form every time someone tries to build on windows), the more I think this step by step thing that we do for dependencies needs a serious descope.

There are too many moving parts and I think OpenMAMA is trying to do too much: between 3rd party code, windows SDKs, VS versions, release vs debug builds and architectures. Instead I think we should list the library and header locations we expect for the dependency along with high level instructions on how to build (I.e build using solution files).

The issue you hit there is literally nothing to do with OpenMAMA - its a bug with libevent in your build stack - so rather than update our documentation to support every possible permutation, or specify one which we still need to constantly update, I think we should just keep it vague. I'd be interested to see if the community has any thoughts on this too.

Really the only things that are relevant to OpenMAMA are those directory paths.

On Tue, 10 May 2016 21:06 Dmitri Fedorov, <dfedorov.solace@...> wrote:

I've fixed the error, no big deal, my intention here is to understand if a) I'm not following instructions properly or b) the instructions need to be updated.

You're the only person who can tell me if this is the case a)

If this is the case b) then I'll figure it out, fix it up and share the instructions that work.

​Cheers

Dmitri

On 10 May 2016 at 15:54, Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...> wrote:

*sigh* most recent response was from memory rather than anything else. When I get a chance to look I can verify. It reads like you could just comment out the duplicate definition though.

On Tue, 10 May 2016 19:45 Dmitri Fedorov, <dfedorov.solace@...> wrote:

Same error using the VS project file:

1>  event.c

1>c:\program files (x86)\windows kits\10\include\10.0.10240.0\ucrt\time.h(39): error C2011: 'timespec': 'struct' type redefinition

1>  c:\projects\ext\libevent-release-1.4.15-stable\compat\sys\_libevent_time.h(52): note: see declaration of 'timespec'

I'm going to try changing 1.4.15 project file, if you confirm that looks like VS2015 specific issue and you didn't have these problems on version VS2010/2012/2013

Regards,

Dmitri Fedorov

Software Architect

Solace Systems, Inc.

Ottawa, ON Canada

Solace Systems accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Systems.

On 10 May 2016 at 14:35, Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...> wrote:

Don't use nmake use the libevent 1.x project file instead. That will build libevent.lib

On Tue, 10 May 2016 19:31 Dmitri Fedorov, <dfedorov.solace@...> wrote:

Frank,

Now I'm puzzled by the other dependency: libevent.

The OpenMAMA Wiki page you referred to suggests to build 1.4.x as libevent_code.lib, but openmama\mama\c_cpp\src\c\bridge\avis\avis.vcxproj refers to libevent.lib, how is it going to work?

What version of libevent do I need to build: 1.4.15 or 2.0.22?

It looks to me that the recommended version 1.4.X fails be build, OpenMAMA refers to the library that is not what's being build.

I was able to build 2.0.22 with "nmake /F Makefile.nmake libevent_core.lib", but I cannot build 1.4.15:

C:\Projects\ext\libevent-release-1.4.15-stable>nmake /F Makefile.nmake libevent_core.lib

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 14.00.23506.0

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

        cl /Iinclude /Icompat /IWIN32-Code /DWIN32 /DHAVE_CONFIG_H /I. /Ox /W3 /wd4996 /nologo /c ev

ent.c

event.c

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\include\10.0.10586.0\ucrt\time.h(39): error C2011: 'timespec'

: 'struct' type redefinition

compat\sys/_libevent_time.h(52): note: see declaration of 'timespec'

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : r

eturn code '0x2'

Stop.

Damian Maguire <d.maguire@...>

[...]

Mobile: +44 7835 844 770