From: Frank Quinn [mailto:fquinn.ni@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:19 PM
To: Yury Batrakov; openmama-dev@...
Subject: Re: [Openmama-dev] Copy fields from a message of another payload type

Hi Yury,

You can still do something similar - it's the enum that is deprecated - payloads are still expected to have their own identifier, you just access it with a private method now, namely  mamaMsgImpl_getPayloadId.

Qpid proton actually has something similar which should provide a working reference for this approach:

https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/blob/next/mama/c_cpp/src/c/bridge/qpid/codec.c

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016, 16:53 Yury Batrakov, <yury.batrakov@...> wrote:

Classification: Public

Hi everyone,

I'm migrating my middleware and payload bridges to OpenMAMA 2.4.1. What I found is that the number of functions were deprecated in new release, for example mamaMsg_getPayloadType. In my bridge I support sending data of other payload types and this deprecation breaks my code. Could you advise how to port the following pseudo code to 2.4.1?

send_message(msg) {
    if(mamaMsg_getPayloadType(msg) == MY_TYPE) {
        bytes = serialize_fast(msg);
        send(bytes);
    } else {
        // Create a new message of my type and copy all fields from original message to it
        copy = mamaMsg_create();
        mamaMsg_iterateFields(msg, copy_each_field, copy);
        send_message(copy);

Please refer to https://www.db.com/disclosures for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures and to http://www.db.com/unitedkingdom/content/privacy.htm for information about privacy.

Please refer to https://www.db.com/disclosures for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures and to http://www.db.com/unitedkingdom/content/privacy.htm for information about privacy.

Re: Copy fields from a message of another payload type

Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>

[...]

Re: Java JNI programs not exiting

Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>

Thanks Yury / Reed,

Note a fix has already been submitted for this and will be included in the next release: https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/commit/f917729eea828de4fda0c03600dfe075edd0edbe

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016, 15:56 Yury Batrakov, <yury.batrakov@...> wrote:
Classification: Public
Hi Reed,

I've just faced the same OpenMAMA behavior with version 2.3.3. Isn't reproducible with C API but 100% reproducible with Java.