Date

Proposal to make the cut for OpenMAMA 6.2.2 RC1

Frank Quinn

Hi Folks,

The recent additions of several pieces of key functionality including cmake and pluggable dq strategies mark a natural opportunity to cut a release candidate for OpenMAMA 6.2.2.

Note that this release will include a few new non-breaking interfaces to support pluggable DQ strategies which bridge developers are invited to try out to verify that it meets their requirements before the release is cut and the interface will no longer be as easy to modify.

This is further to the RFC discussed previously on the OpenMAMA developers mailing list and can be found here:

https://openmama.github.io/openmama_rfc_dq_pluggability.html

And the commit when it landed:

https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/commit/6de60350f40b4d9b0f181b7e64e0d192798b9f97

For a full range of issues which will be included in the next release, see:

https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/milestone/8?closed=1

I’ll leave this call to action open for a week. If the suggestion to make a release candidate is unchallenged, the cut will be taken on Saturday 26th May and the RC process will begin.

Frank Quinn

Cascadium

T: +44 (0) 28 8678 8015

E: fquinn@...

W: http://cascadium.io

Re: Let's test cmake support

Frank Quinn

Hi folks,

Further to this, we have now wired up with C#, install rules and unit tests on Linux, Windows and even native OSX (with some recent changes).

This is a huge step because it effectively outsources compiler support which we effectively had to manage ourselves with our previous scons infrastructure as well as fight with python environments.

With that in mind I have now raised https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/pull/361 which will hopefully make it into next soon!

After the next release goes out (which I propose is soon), we can look at making cmake the default for CI and the release following that one.

On 27 Apr 2018 10:05, Victor Maleyev <imnotmindlin@...> wrote:
Hi guys,

Me and Frank made some efforts to support CMake build system: it builds MAMA on Linux and Windows. Unfortunately it is not in trunk yet but I desperately need any feedback on how it works to make it stable and ready for release. Just clone the repo from here: https://github.com/fquinner/OpenMAMA/tree/feature-cmake-support and try build it like this:
mkdir build
cmake ..
make

Make sure that flex, Apache portable runtime and gradle are installed.

Feel free to mail me if issues are found.

Code change(s) just landed on origin/next (Successful)

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

[fquinn.ni] PLAT-1365: Initial commit
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/mama/dqpublisher.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/dqpublisher.c

[fquinn.ni] PLAT-1365: Improved MAMA changes
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/mama/dqpublisher.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/dqpublisher.c

[fquinn.ni] PLAT-1365: Fixed bug when sending response message
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/dqpublisher.c

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux
  • Build Number: #215
  • Build Status: Successful
  • Build Warnings: 1
  • Total Amount of Tests: 1858
  • Passed: 1858
  • Failed: 0
  • Skipped / Disabled: 0

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

Code change(s) just landed on origin/next (Successful)

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

[fquinn.ni] PLAT-980: added desrialize, check in msg.c (#121)
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/registerfunctions.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/payloadbridge.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/msg.c

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux
  • Build Number: #214
  • Build Status: Successful
  • Build Warnings: 1
  • Total Amount of Tests: 1858
  • Passed: 1858
  • Failed: 0
  • Skipped / Disabled: 0

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

Code change(s) just landed on origin/next (Successful)

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

[fquinn.ni] PLAT-1167: Additional Price Decimal Precision Support (#106)
	mama/c_cpp/src/gunittest/cpp/MamaPriceTest.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/gunittest/c/mamaprice/pricerangetests.cpp
	mama/c_cpp/src/gunittest/cpp/MamaPriceTest.cpp
	mama/dotnet/src/cs/MamaPrice.cs
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/mama/price.h
	mama/jni/src/main/java/com/wombat/mama/MamaPricePrecision.java
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/priceimpl.h
	mama/jni/src/junittests/MamaPriceDecimalPlaces.java
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/priceimpl.c

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux
  • Build Number: #212
  • Build Status: Successful
  • Build Warnings: 0
  • Total Amount of Tests: 1851
  • Passed: 1851
  • Failed: 0
  • Skipped / Disabled: 0

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

Let's test cmake support

Victor Maleyev

Hi guys,

Me and Frank made some efforts to support CMake build system: it builds MAMA on Linux and Windows. Unfortunately it is not in trunk yet but I desperately need any feedback on how it works to make it stable and ready for release. Just clone the repo from here: https://github.com/fquinner/OpenMAMA/tree/feature-cmake-support and try build it like this:
mkdir build
cmake ..
make

Make sure that flex, Apache portable runtime and gradle are installed.

Feel free to mail me if issues are found.

Code change(s) just landed on origin/next (Successful)

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

[a_svn] add tmp file
	file

[a_svn] rm tmp file
	file

[stanislav.belotserkovskiy] fix incorrect indexing of the last elemnet of the array
	common/c_cpp/src/c/strutils.c

[stanislav.belotserkovskiy] subsecond range checking
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/datetime.c

[stanislav.belotserkovskiy] more chnages for subsecond range checking
	mama/c_cpp/src/gunittest/cpp/MamaDateTimeTest.cpp
	mama/jni/src/junittests/MamaDateTimeSetTimeZone.java
	mama/c_cpp/src/cpp/datetime.cpp
	mama/c_cpp/src/gunittest/c/mamadatetime/datetimetest.cpp

[stanislav.belotserkovskiy] remove unsupported test case
	mama/c_cpp/src/gunittest/c/mamadatetime/datetimetest.cpp

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux
  • Build Number: #205
  • Build Status: Successful
  • Build Warnings: 2
  • Total Amount of Tests: 1834
  • Passed: 1834
  • Failed: 0
  • Skipped / Disabled: 0

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

Code change(s) just landed on origin/next (Successful)

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

[asneddon] This change has added the ability for users to plug in their own DQ
	mama/jni/src/c/mamasubscriptionjni.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/plugin.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/cpp/MamaSubscription.cpp
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/publisher.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/subscriptionimpl.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/gunittest/c/dqstrategyplugintest.cpp
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/mama/transport.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/dqstrategy.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/SConscript
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/subscription.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/dqstrategyplugin/SConscript.win
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/dqstrategyplugin/dqstrategyplugin.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/queue.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/plugin.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/dqstrategyplugin/dqstrategyplugin.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/dqstrategyplugin/dqstrategyplugin.vcxproj
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/mama/mama.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/transport.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/gunittest/c/Makefile.sample
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/dqstrategyplugin/SConscript
	mama/c_cpp/SConscript.win
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/mama.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/transportimpl.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/refreshtransport.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/dqstrategy.h
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/listenermsgcallback.c
	mama/c_cpp/src/c/mama/subscription.h
	OpenMama.sln

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux
  • Build Number: #204
  • Build Status: Successful
  • Build Warnings: 0
  • Total Amount of Tests: 1832
  • Passed: 1832
  • Failed: 0
  • Skipped / Disabled: 0

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

Yesterday's OpenMAMA RPM Build Failures

Frank Quinn

Hi Folks,

TL;DR OpenMAMA RPM Builds were broken but now they're not.

As you may have seen yesterday I had a bit of a fight with the RPM builds. First of all I put in place a workaround for the fact that scons 3.0.1 is broken which involves downloading a portable version of the tool, then patching it. It's horrid but at least it will let us do the upcoming release without hating life.

When I deployed this it turned out that CentOS 6 didn't support recent versions of Fedora as of May last year, so I moved the build to run on CentOS 7.

After that, it turns out there was a download issues with sourceforge that was making results unpredictable so I replaced SF link with deep link.

Once I finally got CentOS 7 up and running, it turns out that it didn't work for dnf based fedora distros because of a config option, so I turned the config option on, only to find out that this option didn't work for 2 of the Fedora distros in question because CentOS 7 is yum based and these fedora builds are dnf based and <insert explanation why this didn't work here>.

Finally I moved to Fedora Server 27 instead which seems to be backwards compatible with the yum based repos fine which is why the RPM builds now work.

I appreciate the irony of sending an email to explain this, but I wanted to provide some detail as to why there were so many emails being spammed out to the developer mailing list yesterday, and advise you all of the current outcome.

Frank Quinn

Cascadium

T: +44 (0) 28 8678 8015

E: fquinn@...

W: http://cascadium.io

OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM - Build # 602 - Successful!

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

No changes

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM
  • Build Number: #602
  • Build Status: Successful
  • Build Warnings:
  • Total Amount of Tests:
  • Passed:
  • Failed:
  • Skipped / Disabled:

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM - Build # 596 - Still Failing!

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

No changes

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM
  • Build Number: #596
  • Build Status: Still Failing
  • Build Warnings:
  • Total Amount of Tests:
  • Passed:
  • Failed:
  • Skipped / Disabled:

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM - Build # 595 - Still Failing!

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

[Frank Quinn] Add direct link to scons-local mirror to workaround SF
	release_scripts/openmama.spec

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM
  • Build Number: #595
  • Build Status: Still Failing
  • Build Warnings:
  • Total Amount of Tests:
  • Passed:
  • Failed:
  • Skipped / Disabled:

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

Code change(s) just landed on origin/next (Successful)

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

[Frank Quinn] Add direct link to scons-local mirror to workaround SF
	release_scripts/openmama.spec

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux
  • Build Number: #203
  • Build Status: Successful
  • Build Warnings: 0
  • Total Amount of Tests: 1832
  • Passed: 1832
  • Failed: 0
  • Skipped / Disabled: 0

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM - Build # 594 - Still Failing!

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

No changes

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM
  • Build Number: #594
  • Build Status: Still Failing
  • Build Warnings:
  • Total Amount of Tests:
  • Passed:
  • Failed:
  • Skipped / Disabled:

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM - Build # 593 - Still Failing!

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

No changes

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM
  • Build Number: #593
  • Build Status: Still Failing
  • Build Warnings:
  • Total Amount of Tests:
  • Passed:
  • Failed:
  • Skipped / Disabled:

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM - Build # 592 - Still Failing!

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

No changes

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM
  • Build Number: #592
  • Build Status: Still Failing
  • Build Warnings:
  • Total Amount of Tests:
  • Passed:
  • Failed:
  • Skipped / Disabled:

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

Code change(s) just landed on origin/next (Successful)

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

[Frank Quinn] Added workaround for rpm builds with scons 3.0.1
	release_scripts/openmama.spec
	release_scripts/openmama-rpm.sh

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_Linux
  • Build Number: #202
  • Build Status: Successful
  • Build Warnings: 0
  • Total Amount of Tests: 1832
  • Passed: 1832
  • Failed: 0
  • Skipped / Disabled: 0

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM - Build # 591 - Still Failing!

jenkins@...

Some changes have just been added to the origin/next branch!

[Frank Quinn] Added workaround for rpm builds with scons 3.0.1
	release_scripts/openmama-rpm.sh
	release_scripts/openmama.spec

Results for OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM CI run with latest changes:

  • CI Project Name: OpenMAMA_Snapshot_RPM
  • Build Number: #591
  • Build Status: Still Failing
  • Build Warnings:
  • Total Amount of Tests:
  • Passed:
  • Failed:
  • Skipped / Disabled:

You may also check CI console output to view the full results.

Re: Recent OpenMAMA RPM Build Failures and Scons

Frank Quinn

Hi Folks,

Although this issue is still at large, I can confirm that the latest master branch of scons has fixed the issue though, so we're basically waiting on Scons to release 3.0.2.

In the meantime I'll try and investigate some workarounds since if its not fixed before our next OpenMAMA release (which im expecting to cut shortly after the current outstanding PRs are closed), we'll have a real headache on our hands.