Topics

discarded data dictionary request

Dmitri Fedorov <dfedorov.solace@...>

Hi all,

I'm testing the QPID bridge with bookpublisher and bookticker, but it seems that the dialog between them is stuck at the data dictionary request.

This is the command lines:
> bookpublisher -v -SP WOMBAT -m qpid -tport pub -DT pub -use_dict_file data/data.dict -s book.1 -threads 5
> bookticker -v -m qpid -S WOMBAT -DP sub -tport sub -s book.1

This is what I see at the bookpublisher side:

2017-01-31 13:11:31: (60fb7700) : qpidBridgeMamaTransportImpl_dispatchThread(): discarding uninteresting message for symbol _MDDD.WOMBAT.DATA_DICT

And nothing happens after that.

What am I doing wrong, please?

Regards,
Dmitri Fedorov
Software Architect
Solace
Ottawa, ON Canada

Solace Corporation accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Corporation.

Damian Maguire <dmaguire@...>

From a really (really) quick glance at the source, I don’t think the BookPublisher code is handling dictionary requests itself. You can probably get ‘bookticker’ to work by using the same ‘-use_dict_file’ command line argument you have used for the publisher. If you’re interested in how to actually handle dictionary requests, the capturereplay example code should demonstrate that pretty well.

Cheers,

Damian

From: <openmama-dev-bounces@...> on behalf of Dmitri Fedorov <dfedorov.solace@...>
Date: Tuesday, 31 January 2017 at 19:32
To: openmama-dev <openmama-dev@...>
Subject: [Openmama-dev] discarded data dictionary request

Hi all,

I'm testing the QPID bridge with bookpublisher and bookticker, but it seems that the dialog between them is stuck at the data dictionary request.

This is the command lines:
> bookpublisher -v -SP WOMBAT -m qpid -tport pub -DT pub -use_dict_file data/data.dict -s book.1 -threads 5
> bookticker -v -m qpid -S WOMBAT -DP sub -tport sub -s book.1

This is what I see at the bookpublisher side:

2017-01-31 13:11:31: (60fb7700) : qpidBridgeMamaTransportImpl_dispatchThread(): discarding uninteresting message for symbol _MDDD.WOMBAT.DATA_DICT

And nothing happens after that.

What am I doing wrong, please?

Regards,

Dmitri Fedorov

Software Architect

Solace

Ottawa, ON Canada

Solace Corporation accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Corporation.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Vela Trading Technologies LLC

Dmitri Fedorov <dfedorov.solace@...>

Thanks Damian,

Yes, referring to the data dictionary file made them working, my bad, I naively trusted to the "bookticker --help" output :-/.
My focus is recap messages and how different order book updates affect it, so I don't want to use capturereplay, the bookpublisher seems to better suited for my case.

Cheers
Dmitri

P.S. For future references, this is the pair that works, it uses non-altered configuration from the OpenMAMA 6.1.0 distribution and a locally run Apache Qpid server:

Solace Corporation accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Solace Corporation.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Damian Maguire <dmaguire@...> wrote:

From a really (really) quick glance at the source, I don’t think the BookPublisher code is handling dictionary requests itself. You can probably get ‘bookticker’ to work by using the same ‘-use_dict_file’ command line argument you have used for the publisher. If you’re interested in how to actually handle dictionary requests, the capturereplay example code should demonstrate that pretty well.

Cheers,

Damian