Topics

Java JNI programs not exiting

Alpert, Reed <reed.alpert@...>

Hi,

Our OpenMAMA Java programs do not exit due to remaining non-daemon threads from the OM JNI.

Even if these native threads have exited the Java threads are still alive and prevent the JVM from exiting.

I tried using AttachCurrentThreadAsDaemon() in mamajniutils.c and this solves the problem, allowing the JVM to exit.

Have other OM users seen the same thing?

I want to make sure this is the issue rather than another problem with our Java apps.

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "JPMC"). This transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMC for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. Please note that any electronic communication that is conducted within or through JPMC's systems is subject to interception, monitoring, review, retention and external production in accordance with JPMC's policy and local laws, rules and regulations; may be stored or otherwise processed in countries other than the country in which you are located; and will be treated in accordance with JPMC policies and applicable laws and regulations. Please refer to http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures for disclosures relating to European legal entities.

Yury Batrakov

Classification: Public
Hi Reed,

I've just faced the same OpenMAMA behavior with version 2.3.3. Isn't reproducible with C API but 100% reproducible with Java.

[...]

Please refer to https://www.db.com/disclosures for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures and to http://www.db.com/unitedkingdom/content/privacy.htm for information about privacy.

Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>

Thanks Yury / Reed,

Note a fix has already been submitted for this and will be included in the next release: https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/commit/f917729eea828de4fda0c03600dfe075edd0edbe