From: openmama-dev-bounces@lists.openmama.org [mailto:openmama-
dev-bounces@lists.openmama.org] On Behalf Of Alessandro Bellina
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 3:12 PM
To: openmama-dev@lists.openmama.org
Subject: [Openmama-dev] Loading bridges at runtime

Could someone please post a quick example on how to use/load payload
bridges at runtime?

The docs point to mama_loadPayloadBridge, however this function
doesn't seem to have a "WithPath" variant. As I understand it, the
payload bridge is just like a middleware bridge and could be loaded
dynamically too. It seems that Avis specifies its default, at first
glance it isn't clear to me how this is done. I read another message
around the release of documentation for payload bridges, I would be
interested in seeing this too.
I am working on the bridge developer's documentation, and I will post it to this list and the web site once it is complete.

When you load a middleware bridge, OpenMAMA will query the middleware bridge for a default payload bridge and load that automatically. This is for backwards compatibility, and new applications should explicitly load each payload that they use.

There is no "WithPath" variant for payloads. The mama_loadXXXBridge functions call dlopen() which searches the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the shared object. If your payload bridge .so is in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, mama_loadPayloadBridge() should find it.

Regards,
-Mike

Thank you,

Alessandro

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.