OpenMAMA and Enterprise Mama

Alpert, Reed <reed.alpert@...>

Hi,

What is the plan for OM and EM?

The entitlements in EM are not available in OM, and it looks like turning on entitlements in mama layer is for all of the loaded bridges.

Are patches to OM made available in EM (and vice-versa) – how long does the dev cycle take for that?

Our concern is that we run 3 bridges : wombat, tick42/rmds, and solace.

For entitlements we use dart for wombat (our DF5/6/mamacache env), and dacs for tick42/rmds and solace.

We’d like to run OM for all of this (or EM if that is the best way to go).

Reed Alpert | Corporate & Investment Bank | Market Data Services | J.P. Morgan | 4 Metrotech Center, 23rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11245 | T: 718.242.5198  | M: 917.414.4613 | reed.alpert@...

Alternate Contact:  CIB PIM Trading Technology Solutions NA | CIB_PIM_Trading_Technology_Solutions_NA@...

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates. This transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. Please refer to http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures for disclosures relating to European legal entities.

Lee Skillen <lskillen@...>

Hi Reed,

I'm not sure about the current ongoings/plans with OpenMAMA or
EnterpriseMAMA but VFT released a draft for an extensible library
manager earlier this year.

We also have an unreleased draft of an entitlement manager based upon
the draft library manager work which is incomplete but in a usable
state.

The GitHub branch and some documentation for the library manager :-

1. Library Manager Branch :- feature-librarymanager
2. First Draft (0.1) :-
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sg2i84NnhJO90z8DECYeGf799wDUzY4B_uXNsCpFuac/edit?usp=sharing
3. Second Draft (0.2) :-
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZLZjpiu3A7MPNauOQWLFKVxnoR6jdAp3Vas91PqWhnY/edit?usp=sharing
4. Developer Docs (Incomplete) :-
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Y9ebCeCDPeBrVgaqE4MrcOc6zgittJGVchMSO2lKrs/edit?usp=sharing

The GitHub branch and some documentation for the entitlement manager :-

1. Entitlement Bridge Branch :- feature-entitlementbridge
2. Brief Overview :-
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nw_TetxADez5PR1COaOBhbkQhQcdc0BgH7HEnfQyBjI/edit?usp=sharing

It doesn't support it atm but it wouldn't be difficult to extend the
entitlement bridge code to apply different bridges to different
transports.

Unfortunately the projects have stalled for the moment but we'd be
happy to pick it back up again if some momentum is gained.

We'd love to hear any feedback about any aspects of the proposed code
- We'd also accept patches, pull requests and issues.

If you have any problems viewing any of the documents I could also
render them as PDF and send them out separately.

Cheers,
Lee

________________________________

Reed Alpert | Corporate & Investment Bank | Market Data Services | J.P.
Morgan | 4 Metrotech Center, 23rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11245 | T:
718.242.5198 | M: 917.414.4613 | reed.alpert@jpmorgan.com

Alternate Contact: CIB PIM Trading Technology Solutions NA |
CIB_PIM_Trading_Technology_Solutions_NA@jpmorgan.com

[...]

Vulcan Financial Technologies
1st Floor, 47 Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 6RY

Office: +44 (0)28 95 817888
Web: www.vulcanft.com

Lee Skillen <lskillen@...>

Quick addendum ...

If you can't access Google Docs (seems to be banned everywhere), I've
also prepared a "document pack" zip-file with all of the
aforementioned docs. Available at the following URI :-

http://static.vulcanft.com/prod/files/openmama_librarymanager.zip

--
Lee Skillen

Vulcan Financial Technologies
1st Floor, 47 Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 6RY

Office: +44 (0)28 95 817888
Web: www.vulcanft.com
--
Lee Skillen

Vulcan Financial Technologies
1st Floor, 47 Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 6RY

Office: +44 (0)28 95 817888
Web: www.vulcanft.com

Gary Molloy <g.molloy@...>

Hi Reed,

Thanks for your email, sorry for the delay in reply.

I think you have touched upon 2 items here:

1.       When /are there any plans for Enterprise MAMA and OpenMAMA to come into sync?

2.       Is it possible for have multiple entitlements bridges?

To answer your first question.

We have made a concerted effort over the last 6 months to bring these into sync and have made substantial progress with this.

With the latest release of OpenMAMA Enterprise Edition, 6.0.3f, there are very few differences with the current OpenMAMA RC 2.3.2 rc1 and we will continue to keep these in line going forwarded with regular synced up releases.

To answer your second question, MAMA is currently only built to handle 1 set of entitlements.

If we were to extend this to cover 3 (or more) bridges we would need to consider a few things:

·         We would need to be able to tie entitlements with a particular topic or source (most likely the source?) – currently we only have 1 set of global entitlements options so the properties would need extended (or re-thought).

·         Would every source have to have entitlements enabled?  How can we enforce entitlements for 1 bridge and not another?

·         We need to be careful in this area for compliance reasons.

·         Seems like we would need the entitlement bridging first, and then the ability to specify entitlement bridges for a source.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Molloy – SR Labs

Adelaide Exchange | 24-26 Adelaide Street | Belfast | BT2 8GD

g.molloy@...

[...]

Glenn McClements <g.mcclements@...>

Issues around the entitlements were brought up on the OpenMAMA Steering Committee call yesterday, so we’ll be discussing it in the next Technical Committee meeting and get a plan together.

Glenn