OpenMAMA integration with Citihub Permission Server API

David Sewell

Citihub have integrated the OpenMAMA API source code with the Citihub Permission Server API, and would like to submit the OpenMAMA code changes for review and integration into the main OpenMAMA release.

The Citihub Permission Server API (libPermSvr) and associated server process (PermSvr) is a proxy for enterprise permission systems and allows clients to be permissioned for market data and other data sources using proprietary or  3rd party permission systems like Thomson Reuters DACS. So, with libPermSvr integrated into OpenMAMA, applications can be entitled for market data using existing market data permission systems, making the adoption of OpenMAMA easier and more attractive for large enterprises with existing market data systems.

The libPermSvr API integration provides the same features as the current OpenMAMA entitlement capability, but adds support for multiple proprietary and 3rd party permission systems. We have also added support for permissioning of basic subscriptions (Topic only) and publication, and we have update the build process and GNU automake scripts, so the build process includes an option to enable the libPermSvr code, e.g. ./configure –with-chub-permsvr=<path to libpermsvr libs and header>.

The Citihub Permission Server API is used by a number of large investment banks for market data entitlement control and usage reporting. The API has been integrated with various proprietary market data API’s and deployed in low latency market data environments, and we have had strong interest from clients for the integration of the Citihub Permission Server API into OpenMAMA to make the adoption of OpenMAMA more attractive to the development community.

The Permission Server software is licensed and maintained by Citihub and is distributed, with support, as binaries for Linux, Solaris and Windows with API support for C/C++, C# and Java. We also share the source code with clients with unrestricted rights to change and reuse source code.

If there is interest in the OpenMAMA community for this feature, we will submit source code patches for review and inclusion in a future release.

Regards,

David Sewell

CTO, Citihub

London ● New York ● Singapore ● Hong Kong ● Dubai

www.citihub.com

1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AB

t: +44 800 0281901

m: +44 7808 584684

e: david.sewell@...

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Citihub. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

David,

Please submit your patches as a patch as described at http://www.openmama.org/developers/patch-submission. If the changes are extensive, you should consider breaking them down logical series that can be applied incrementally.

[...]

It is very important that your change provide generic support for 3rd party entitlement systems as other entitlement vendors will surely follow your lead and add support to OpenMAMA.

The Permission Server software is licensed and maintained by Citihub and is
distributed, with support, as binaries for Linux, Solaris and Windows with API
support for C/C++, C# and Java. We also share the source code with clients
with unrestricted rights to change and reuse source code.
Will it be necessary to add C++, Java and C# support for your changes as we release the corresponding support in OpenMAMA?

If there is interest in the OpenMAMA community for this feature, we will
submit source code patches for review and inclusion in a future release.
I think that support for 3rd party entitlement systems is an excellent idea and I look forward to reviewing your patches.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Schonberg
OpenMAMA Maintainer
mschonberg@nyx.com

www.citihub.com <http://www.citihub.com>

e: david.sewell@citihub.com

represent those of Citihub. If you are not the intended recipient of this
email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or
show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have
received this email in error.

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.