OpenMAMA RPM Release Scripts

Damian Maguire

Folks,

Some of you may have noticed a few commits which have just landed in next which relate to the OpenMAMA RPM builds. These are tools which I've been using internally to help facilitate the OpenMAMA release process by automating some of the steps involved. At present they are pretty rough around the edges, however after talking to a few people about them I believe there is some value in having them out there for others to review/enhance.

The primary one of interest to most people is likely to be the openmama.spec file, which resides under the 'release' directory. This is the specification file used by rpmbuild to generate the base RPM and SRPMs, which can then used to generate other RPMs for alternative platforms.

If you clone down next (and assuming you have met the base requirements - running RHEL6 or derivative, have all the OpenMAMA pre-reqs, have rpmbuild and mock installed etc), you should be able to perform a full build yourself by simply entering the release directory and executing:

    $ ./openmama-rpm.sh

As I say, it's all a little rough, and still quite heavily tailored to my own build environment, but I would appreciate any feedback/bug fixes/issues etc.

Alpert, Reed <reed.alpert@...>

Hi Damian,

Just a note: the release subdir is also used by Vlsual Studio for its output, so there will be the rpm scripts and lib/dll/pdb files from the builds.

Our Windows git looks like this after running both Visual Studio and scons builds:

Reed Alpert | Corporate & Investment Bank | Market Data Services | J.P. Morgan | 4 Metrotech Center, 23rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11245 | T: 718.242.5198  | M: 917.414.4613 | reed.alpert@...

Alternate Contact:  CIB PIM Trading Technology Solutions NA | CIB_PIM_Trading_Technology_Solutions_NA@...

[...]

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates. This transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. Please refer to http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures for disclosures relating to European legal entities.

Gary Molloy <g.molloy@...>

Hi Reed,

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate your input with this.

The name of the directory was just arbitrarily chosen and we can certainly change it to be something else.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Molloy – SR Labs

Adelaide Exchange | 24-26 Adelaide Street | Belfast | BT2 8GD

Tel: +44 28 9099 7580  Ext 3397

g.molloy@...