From: openmama-dev-bounces@lists.openmama.org [mailto:openmama-dev-bounces@lists.openmama.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Pocock
Sent: 03 May 2014 07:09
To: openmama-dev@lists.openmama.org
Subject: [Openmama-dev] QPID dependencies

For OpenMAMA 2.3.0 with QPID, should the package depend on libqpidclient2-dev or also libqpidmessaging2-dev ?

http://packages.debian.org/libqpidclient2-dev

http://packages.debian.org/libqpidmessaging2-dev

This message may contain confidential information and is intended for specific recipients unless explicitly noted otherwise. If you have reason to believe you are not an intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender. This message may not represent the opinion of IntercontinentalExchange Group, Inc. (ICE), NYSE Euronext or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates, and does not constitute a contract or guarantee. Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and the recipient of this message is expected to provide safeguards from viruses and pursue alternate means of communication where privacy or a binding message is desired.

Daniel Pocock

On 06/05/14 12:41, Frank Quinn wrote:
Hi Daniel,

It's actually neither of these - the library needs to be a package for Qpid Proton:

http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.7/index.html

Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything for this library on those repos.

Thanks for the feedback

I see that somebody has started to work on an official package of
qpid-proton for the Debian/Ubuntu world:

This is the report in the mentors page:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/qpid-proton

Darryl, thanks for contributing this to Debian - have you had feedback
from anybody about your work on this package? Is anybody sponsoring it?

Darryl L. Pierce <dpierce@...>

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 01:20:02PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
On 06/05/14 12:41, Frank Quinn wrote:
Hi Daniel,

It's actually neither of these - the library needs to be a package for Qpid Proton:

http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.7/index.html

Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything for this library on those repos.

Thanks for the feedback

I see that somebody has started to work on an official package of
qpid-proton for the Debian/Ubuntu world:

This is the report in the mentors page:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/qpid-proton

Darryl, thanks for contributing this to Debian - have you had feedback
from anybody about your work on this package? Is anybody sponsoring it?
Not as of yet, no, on either the feedback or sponsorship side of things.

--
Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

Daniel Pocock

On 06/05/14 14:01, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 01:20:02PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
On 06/05/14 12:41, Frank Quinn wrote:
Hi Daniel,

It's actually neither of these - the library needs to be a package for Qpid Proton:

http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.7/index.html

Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything for this library on those repos.

Thanks for the feedback

I see that somebody has started to work on an official package of
qpid-proton for the Debian/Ubuntu world:

This is the report in the mentors page:

    http://mentors.debian.net/package/qpid-proton

Darryl, thanks for contributing this to Debian - have you had feedback
from anybody about your work on this package?  Is anybody sponsoring it?
Not as of yet, no, on either the feedback or sponsorship side of things.

Ok, I guess this can be looked at this as part of the OpenMAMA package update to get your packaged sponsored

You have several wnpp bugs, I think the link I gave in the earlier email is not the one you link in the changelog, so we could use this one instead:

The lintian report (mentors.debian.net) shows a lot of 'E' and 'W' messages.  It is hard for a sponsor to upload the package while those exist.  If you can remove them, I could then sponsor it.  Many of them are duplicates and some are quite easy to fix, e.g.

    copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-apache-2

is basically telling you the debian/copyright file should refer to /usr/share/common-licenses/Apache-2.0

Also, do you want to track the debian/* files in your qpid-proton repository or would you like Debian to keep those in a Debian hosted Git server?  For the latter, you just need to create a guest account on http://alioth.debian.org and send me your username and we can work out a way for you to put things in Git on alioth.

Daniel

Darryl L. Pierce <dpierce@...>

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 02:15:18PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
Ok, I guess this can be looked at this as part of the OpenMAMA package
update to get your packaged sponsored

You have several wnpp bugs, I think the link I gave in the earlier email
is not the one you link in the changelog, so we could use this one instead:
Okay.

<http://lintian.debian.org/tags/copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-apache-2.html>

is basically telling you the debian/copyright file should refer to
/usr/share/common-licenses/Apache-2.0
I'll fix those straight away.

Also, do you want to track the debian/* files in your qpid-proton
repository or would you like Debian to keep those in a Debian hosted Git
server? For the latter, you just need to create a guest account on
http://alioth.debian.org and send me your username and we can work out a
way for you to put things in Git on alioth.
I've created one, mcpierce-guest, and would like to use that to track
the packaging changes.

If you let me know about these things and cc the
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org mailing list and the bug we will get
this moving along.
Excellent! Thank you.

So, just to clarify for myself given the workflow differences between
Debian and Fedora, my next step is to update the qpid-proton package,
fixing the bugs reported, and upload it via dput against bug#732302?