Re: OpenMAMA 6.2.0 Released
Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Apologies folks, for some reason this email seems to render badly in outlook.
On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>
We are pleased to announce the final release of OpenMAMA 6.2.0 is now available:
This release bumps the version of OpenMAMA up to 6.2.0 due to recent MAMA Payload changes which could potentially break the bridge for payload bridges which treat mamaDateTime as a U64 pointer and attempt direct access. See the RFC on the change for for more details (particularly payload bridge developers as changes may be required).
Key changes and bugfixes included in this release:
- New extended MamaDateTime changes to support date ranges beyond the 2038 problem
- Added thread pinning for process thread affinity
- Performance improvements made for mamaDqPublisher_send
- Fixed transient access violation issues in windows when using wtimegm
- New MAMA methods for looking up middleware and payload bridges
- Performance improvements to mamaproducerc_v2
- Added new document generating script for updating openmama.github.io
- Added new helper method for finding a file in a delimited path (e.g. PATH or WOMBAT_PATH)
- Added new helper method for loading in a MAMA format symbol file in a standard way
For a complete list of all 24 issues and pull requests included in this release, please see here: https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/milestone/6?closed=1
As well as new functionality, we have also continued with a few devops changes since the last OpenMAMA Release:
- Main github landing page now includes Travis CI buttons
- Nightly RPM builds are now available and accessible via the github landing page
- The ci-run python script is now used across all platforms simplifying the CI process
A special thanks to all developers, contributors and testers who helped is getting this out door.
Join Openmamafirstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.