Re: 2.1.1.2 install problem and version compatibility question

Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>

Hi Glenn,

Thanks following up.  Good news on the wire compatibility - will give me lots more integration options :-)

Re: building.  The README file indicates you only need to run generateBuildFiles.sh if you've downloaded from GIT; however I downloaded from the archive and the instructions are to use configure directly (this worked for 2.1 version).  Anyway, I've got 2.1 compiled and can run against Avis so making progress.

Cheers,
Bill

On 10 July 2012 10:25, Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,
Answers below.
  • Is OpenMama 2.x wire compatible with 1.x?  I'd like to run a Java 2.x subscriber and be able to pick up either 1.x or 2.x messages.
Yes. The wire level protocols are defined by the middlewares and message formats that OpenMAMA supports. If you are using the the underlying libraries, e.g. Avis, then OpenMAMA will be backwards compatible.

common/c_cpp/configure needs to be generated first by running generateBuildFiles.sh. Full build instructions are in he README file.

Glenn

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] 2.1.1.2 install problem and version compatibility question

Hi,

I've just picked up OpenMama 2.x and I've a few questions if I may (I tried #openmama, but all's quiet there)...

  • Is OpenMama 2.x wire compatible with 1.x?  I'd like to run a Java 2.x subscriber and be able to pick up either 1.x or 2.x messages.

Regards,

Bill

--
16 St Martin’s Le Grand
London

+44 (0) 20 3239 8137

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

--
16 St Martin’s Le Grand
London

+44 (0) 20 3239 8137