Date

Make problem - Ubuntu 11.10

Kyle Redelinghuys <awesomistguy@...>

Hi there

I am trying to compile the OpenMAMA software on Ubuntu 11.10 but am having trouble doing so. After ./configure, sudo make throws an error. This is the error I am getting:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lwombatcommon
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [libmama.la] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Software/OpenMAMA/mama/c_cpp/src/c'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Software/OpenMAMA/mama/c_cpp/src/c'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Software/OpenMAMA/mama/c_cpp/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Software/OpenMAMA/mama/c_cpp'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Software/OpenMAMA/mama/c_cpp'

What can I install to get this working? Or will this software only work on Redhat/SUSE distributions?

Apologies for mailing direct, searching revealed no answers.

Thanks
Kyle

installation with AVIS

John Gray <john.gray@...>

Hello

I have installed openmama and avis from the websites, but when trying to run mamapublisherc I get the following error....

avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not connected

command line:
mamapublisherc -m avis -tport pub

Avis tests for secure_sender and secure_receiver seem to work fine.

What needs done to correct this?

Thanks
John

Re: installation with AVIS

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Hi John,

If possible can you run the mamapublicherc in verbose mode –v –v –v –v and send over the verbose output.

Also please provide us with your mama.properites.

Thanks,
Jacob

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] installation with AVIS

Hello

I have installed openmama and avis from the websites, but when trying to run mamapublisherc I get the following error....

avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not connected

command line:
mamapublisherc -m avis -tport pub

Avis tests for secure_sender and secure_receiver seem to work fine.

What needs done to correct this?

Thanks
John

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.

Re: installation with AVIS

John Gray <john.gray@...>

Hi Jacob - see output below
mama.properties attached (assumed it would use the default localhost as the transport setting).  This is as downloaded from openmama site.

Thanks
John

john@john-laptop:~/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/bin$ ./mamapublisherc -m avis -s MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC -tport pub -v -v -v -v
Starting Publisher with:
   topic:              MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC
   inbound topic:      MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC
   interval            0.500000
   transport:          pub
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : mama_loadBridge(): Sucessfully loaded avis bridge from library [mamaavisimpl]
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : avisBridge_open(): Entering.
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Using path specified in WOMBAT_PATH
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Using default properties file mama.properties
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Attempting to load MAMA properties from /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/examples/mama/c
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : avisBridge_open(): Successfully created Avis queue
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) :
Warning: This is a developer release and has only undergone basic sanity checks.
It is for testing only and should not be used in a production environment
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Using path specified in WOMBAT_PATH
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Using default properties file mama.properties
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Attempting to load MAMA properties from /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/examples/mama/c
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : mama_loadPayloadBridge(): Sucessfully loaded avismsg payload bridge from library [mamaavismsgimpl]
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : mama 6.0.0rc19 (Unable to get version number) (not entitled)
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) :
Note: This build of the MAMA API is not enforcing entitlement checks.
Please see the Licensing file for details
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Entering mamaTransport_create for transport (0x1756850) with name pub
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Creating transport: [pub]
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Number of load balanced sub transports defined: [0]
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Not using load balancing
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : initializing Avis transport: pub
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : open failed for url: pub
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not connected
Error creating transport: STATUS_PLATFORM
john@john-laptop:~/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/bin$ ^C

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

Is the avis daemon running?

Regards,

-Mike

[...]

Thanks John,

For the mamapublisherc to work, you would need to run the avis daemon running on your local/remote machine.

Then you would need point the avis transport to the ipaddress of where you have the avis daemon is running

For example

My mama.properties.
mama.avis.transport.avis_tport.url=elvin://0.0.0.0

My command line
Mamapublisherc –m avis –tort avis_tport

My Avis Dameon
I have my avis daemon running on localhost.

Thanks,
Jacob

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

no - how do I start the avis daemon on the localhost?

On 29 May 2012 16:10, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:

Is the avis daemon running?

Regards,

-Mike

[...]

Hey - thats fixed it - thanks!

Maybe need to add that to the mama README file.  avisd is placed in the /usr/local/sbin folder.
Also, was able to run publisher:

./mamapublisherc -m avis -tport avis  and worked fine.

On 29 May 2012 16:37, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:

avisd –v.

-Mike

[...]

Building Middleware for openMAMA.

kulbhushan chaskar <kulbhushanchaskar@...>

Hi,

I am trying to buid middleware like Avis, also trying to write my
own network library
which is elvin in case of Avis, but it is in Java and I am trying to
write it in "C".
I somehow manage to write it, i.e. i successfully passed message in between
mamaPublisherc and mamaSubscriberc.
I need more help regarding how to write router code in "C" where i
get information
about it

Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!
openmama-users-request@...

openmama-users-owner@...

than "Re: Contents of Openmama-users digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. installation with AVIS (John Gray)
2. Re: installation with AVIS (Jacobraj Benet)
3. Re: installation with AVIS (John Gray)
4. Re: installation with AVIS (Mike Schonberg)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:49:38 +0100
From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
To: openmama-users@...

Hello

I have installed openmama and avis from the websites, but when trying to
run mamapublisherc I get the following error....

avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not connected

command line:
mamapublisherc -m avis -tport pub

Avis tests for secure_sender and secure_receiver seem to work fine.

What needs done to correct this?

Thanks
John
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:50:53 -0500
From: Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>
To: John Gray <john.gray@...>,
"openmama-users@..."
<openmama-users@...>

From: John Gray <john.gray@...<mailto:john.gray@...>>
To:
"openmama-users@...<mailto:openmama-users@...>"

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com <http://www.nyse.com>
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE
Euronext.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 16:04:34 +0100
From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
To: Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>
Cc: "openmama-users@..."
<openmama-users@...>

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
To: "openmama-users@..."
<openmama-users@...

Hello

I have installed openmama and avis from the websites, but when trying to
run mamapublisherc I get the following error....

avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not connected

command line:
mamapublisherc -m avis -tport pub

Avis tests for secure_sender and secure_receiver seem to work fine.

What needs done to correct this?

Thanks
John

------------------------------

*Please consider the environment before printing this email.*

*Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it
is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying
the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE
Euronext. *
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:10:45 -0400
From: Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>
To: John Gray <john.gray@...>,
"openmama-users@..."
<openmama-users@...>

Is the avis daemon running?

Regards,
-Mike

I have installed openmama and avis from the websites, but when trying to run
mamapublisherc I get the following error....

avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not connected

command line:
mamapublisherc -m avis -tport pub

Avis tests for secure_sender and secure_receiver seem to work fine.

What needs done to correct this?

Thanks
John

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com <http://www.nyse.com>
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE
Euronext.

End of Openmama-users Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Re: Building Middleware for openMAMA.

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Hi Chaskar,

Just to clarify, when you mean "router code", are you referring to the
bridge that connects the middleware and your application? OR are you
referring to the code in the middleware component?

What specific assistance do you need with writing the bridge interface in
C? If I have mistaken your requirement, please clarify.

Thanks,
Jacob

Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:49:38 +0100
From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
To: openmama-users@...

Hello

I have installed openmama and avis from the websites, but when trying to
run mamapublisherc I get the following error....

avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not connected

command line:
mamapublisherc -m avis -tport pub

Avis tests for secure_sender and secure_receiver seem to work fine.

What needs done to correct this?

Thanks
John
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
<http://lists.openmama.org/pipermail/openmama-users/attachments/20120528/
ca367682/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2

From: John Gray <john.gray@...<mailto:john.gray@...>>

"openmama-users@...<mailto:openmama-users@...
rg>"

<openmama-users@...<mailto:openmama-users@...
rg>>

-----

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com <http://www.nyse.com>

****
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to
it is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to
the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE
Euronext.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
<http://lists.openmama.org/pipermail/openmama-users/attachments/20120529/
0a237897/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 3

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
To: "openmama-users@..."

*****

Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to
it
is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the
reader
of
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying
the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE
Euronext. *
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
<http://lists.openmama.org/pipermail/openmama-users/attachments/20120529/
3463f6a7/attachment-0001.html>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:10:45 -0400
From: Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>
To: John Gray <john.gray@...>,
"openmama-users@..."
<openmama-users@...>

Is the avis daemon running?

Regards,
-Mike

[...]

61ead561/attachment.html>

End of Openmama-users Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.

Re: installation with AVIS

John Gray <john.gray@...>

Hey Guys

I have tried building the openmama examples - but can't get this to happen.

The ./configure --with-avis=/usr/local comes back with unknown parameter --with-avis

Also, the /opt/openmama files get updated from the build - but the files in openmama-2.1/bin and openmama-2.1/lib don't change from the original dates.

Am I doing something wrong - I would like to able to edit the examples for running tests.

thanks
John

On 29 May 2012 16:49, John Gray <john.gray@...> wrote:
[...]

The configure script in openmama accepts —avis-path instead of —with-avis, so you could try the following.

./configure —avis-path=/usr/local

Also if you would like the openmama-2.1 to be updated, then you would need pass the correct location as part of the prefix

So I would recommend using the following configure arguments.

./configure —avis-path=/usr/local —prefix=openmama-2.1

Thanks,
Jacob

[...]

Thanks for clarifying.

The first release of the OpenMAMA was only in C and the bridge
implementation was also in C and this release was expected to only work on
the Avis router C implementation.

In order to work with the Java Avis implementation, you would need the
mamajni implementation of OpenMAMA, which was only available on the second
release.

Here is the link to download the C implementation of the Avis router
middleware libavis.so

http://avis.sourceforge.net/client_library.html

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Jacob

On 6/1/12 10:26 AM, "kulbhushan chaskar" <kulbhushanchaskar@...>
wrote:

Hi Jacob,
I am referring to the code in the middleware component,
first release of openMAMA is in C, so Avis bridge code also in C but
its router( networking lib.) is in Java. So I thinks to write router
code in C just for to see how openMAMA works.

Regards,
Kulbhushan Chaskar.

From: John Gray <john.gray@...<mailto:john.gray@...>>

"openmama-users@...<mailto:openmama-users@...
.o
rg>"

--
-----

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com <http://www.nyse.com>

**
****

Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:10:45 -0400
From: Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>
To: John Gray <john.gray@...>,
"openmama-users@..."
<openmama-users@...>

Is the avis daemon running?

Regards,
-Mike

[...]

Apologies for resorting back again - this is probably more UNIX than mama!

I can see the make files being constructed, but the examples are still not being built - and the make seems to stop before getting to the examples directory,
At the end of the make file i get the following error:

libtool: link: gcc -shared  -fPIC -DPIC  .libs/bridge.o .libs/clientmanageresponder.o .libs/datetime.o .libs/dictionary.o .libs/dqstrategy.o .libs/error.o .libs/fielddesc.o .libs/imagerequest.o .libs/listenermsgcallback.o .libs/log.o .libs/mama.o .libs/mamaStrUtils.o .libs/marketdata.o .libs/middleware.o .libs/msg.o .libs/msgfield.o .libs/msgqualifier.o .libs/msgstatus.o .libs/msgtype.o .libs/msgutils.o .libs/publisher.o .libs/dqpublisher.o .libs/dqpublishermanager.o .libs/inbox.o .libs/quality.o .libs/reservedfields.o .libs/senderId.o .libs/servicelevel.o .libs/queue.o .libs/io.o .libs/price.o .libs/priceimpl.o .libs/refreshtransport.o .libs/timer.o .libs/timezone.o .libs/source.o .libs/sourceman.o .libs/status.o .libs/stat.o .libs/statscollector.o .libs/statfields.o .libs/statsgenerator.o .libs/subscmsgtype.o .libs/subscription.o .libs/subscriptiontype.o .libs/statslogger.o .libs/statsloggerfields.o .libs/symbollist.o .libs/ft.o .libs/symbollistmember.o .libs/symbolmapfile.o .libs/syncresponder.o .libs/throttle.o .libs/transport.o .libs/fileutils.o .libs/playbackFileParser.o .libs/playbackpublisher.o .libs/playbackcapture.o .libs/connection.o .libs/serverconnection.o .libs/manager.o .libs/version.o   -L/usr/local/lib -L./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -lnsl -lrt /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/common/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libwombatcommon.a -ldl -luuid  -O2   -Wl,-soname -Wl,libmama.so.0 -o .libs/libmama.so.0.0.0

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have checked the libuuid file exists and have added the /lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to try to get around this - but no luck.

May I beg your assistance?

On 4 June 2012 23:00, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
John,

Based on your make logs, it looks like you don't have ant and java (Sun JDK 6) installed. I plan on changing the default build to build C/C++ only as many users do not require Java. In the mean time you can build OpenMAMA C/C++ with "make mama-install" and OpenMAMDA C/C++ with "make mamda-install". The OpenMAMDA build requires a couple of build patches that I submitted to the openmama-dev list. I will be pushing these patches to git in the next day or so.

Regards,
-Mike

kRe: installation with AVIS

mschonberg <mschonberg@...>

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, John Gray wrote:

[...]

On what OS are you building? Where are you finding libuuid.so?

I build fine with no modifications to LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Fedora 16:
/lib64/libuuid.so.1
/lib64/libuuid.so.1.3.0
/usr/lib64/libuuid.so

I have the following packages installed:
[mike@fedora OpenMAMA-2.1]$ yum list installed *uuid*
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
libuuid.x86_64 2.20.1-2.3.fc16 @updates
libuuid-devel.x86_64 2.20.1-2.3.fc16 @updates

Regards,
-Mike

May I beg your assistance?

On 4 June 2012 23:00, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
John,

Based on your make logs, it looks like you don't have ant and java (Sun JDK 6) installed. I plan on changing the default build to build C/C++ only as many users do not require Java. In the mean
time you can build OpenMAMA C/C++ with "make mama-install" and OpenMAMDA C/C++ with "make mamda-install". The OpenMAMDA build requires a couple of build patches that I submitted to the
openmama-dev list. I will be pushing these patches to git in the next day or so.

Regards,
-Mike

wrote:

                      Is the avis daemon running?

                      Regards,

                      -Mike

[...]

Re: kRe: installation with AVIS

John Gray <john.gray@...>

Getting there - added a symlink to /usr/lib64 for libuuid.so and that got me further...

However, getting some undefined references:

libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -rdynamic -o .libs/comboticker comboticker.o parsecmd.o dictrequester.o  -L/opt/openmama/lib -L./../cpp -L./../cpp/mamda -L./../cpp/options -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/cpp /opt/openmama/lib/libwombatcommon.a /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mamda/c_cpp/src/cpp/.libs/libmamda.so /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib/libmamacpp.so -L/usr/local/lib -L./../c /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so -L./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -lrt -luuid -lpthread -ldl -lnsl -lm -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib
/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib/libmamacpp.so: undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_unhook()@GLIBCXX_3.4.15'
/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib/libmamacpp.so: undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_hook(std::__detail::_List_node_base*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.15'

Im using Ubuntu:

Linux john-laptop 2.6.32-41-generic #89-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 27 22:18:56 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Lin

Thanks again for your help in this.

On 5 June 2012 20:03, mschonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:

> [...]

   libuuid.x86_64                        2.20.1-2.3.fc16                   @updates
   libuuid-devel.x86_64                  2.20.1-2.3.fc16                   @updates

Regards,
-Mike

> May I beg your assistance?
>
> Thanks
>
> On 4 June 2012 23:00, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
>       John,
>
>       Based on your make logs, it looks like you don't have ant and java (Sun JDK 6) installed. I plan on changing the default build to build C/C++ only as many users do not require Java. In the mean
>       time you can build OpenMAMA C/C++ with "make mama-install" and OpenMAMDA C/C++ with "make mamda-install". The OpenMAMDA build requires a couple of build patches that I submitted to the
>       openmama-dev list. I will be pushing these patches to git in the next day or so.

Do you have libstdc++ installed? You can check in the synaptic package manager.

Regards,
-Mike

> [...]

   libuuid-devel.x86_64                  2.20.1-2.3.fc16                   @updates

Regards,
-Mike

> May I beg your assistance?
>
> Thanks
>
> On 4 June 2012 23:00, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
>       John,
>
>       Based on your make logs, it looks like you don't have ant and java (Sun JDK 6) installed. I plan on changing the default build to build C/C++ only as many users do not require Java. In
the mean
>       time you can build OpenMAMA C/C++ with "make mama-install" and OpenMAMDA C/C++ with "make mamda-install". The OpenMAMDA build requires a couple of build patches that I submitted to the
>       openmama-dev list. I will be pushing these patches to git in the next day or so.

Re: CTA demo

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

The wmw middleware should be build in the API and Feedhandler, you should be fine with demo kit.

Jacob

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Friday, June 8, 2012 11:26 AM
To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>
Subject: Re: CTA demo

I thought that might be the case.  Is there a demo of wmw to go with this?  Needs to be correct version I guess.  Or is there anything else I can use?

On 8 June 2012 15:27, Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...> wrote:
The CTA_demo package cannot be ran with avis middleware, you would need to use the wmw tcp middleware.

Jacob

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Friday, June 8, 2012 6:24 AM
To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>
Subject: CTA demo

Hi Jacob

I can get the feed to run fine and the APIs look ok too  - but can't get the two to connect (timeout waiting for dictionary) when running mamalistenc.

I have AVIS  - but not wmw or lbm - is there any settings on the feed start command - or on the mama.properties I need to alter?

[...]

OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2 and New Branches

Michael Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

I pushed a number of changes to the git repository this week, and created two
new branches.

The new branches are "next" and OpenMama-2.1.1. The next branch contains all the
patches submitted to the mailing list that are under consideration for the next
scheduled release, OpenMAMA-2.1.2. This includes all of the patches submitted to
openmama-dev thus far. The OpenMAMA-2.1.1 branch is the current stable branch
starting from the April 29 2.1.1.1 release which is tagged with
OpenMAMA-2.1.1.1. Only critical bug fixes and very low impact changes will be
merged into the stable branches. All changes to the stable branches must be
first committed to master.

I will be posting additional details on the development cycle and how changes
get into the next, master and stable branches to the web site and openmama-dev
in the coming days.

The changes for 2.1.1.2 are described below. The source and binaries are not
available on the web site yet as there are some issues uploading files at the
moment. I expect to have this resolved shortly.

Regards,
-Michael Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

CHANGES:
OpenMAMA 2.1.1.2

This release contains very minor fixes focusing on the build environment. The
2.1.1.1 release, which introduced OpenMAMDA in addition to C++ and Java support,
complicated the build environment significantly. These changes address some of
the build issues encountered. Subsequent minor releases will attempt to further
simplify the build process.

Changes:

Add patch for -lmama for news and orderbook examples

The news and orderbook examples were not building because the linker could
not find libmama. This patch adjusts the link flags to include the path to
the mama c libraries.

Signed-off-by: Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

Add libpthread to library list for sem_timedwait

configure.ac needs to search for sem_timedwait in both librt and libpthread.
On OS's like certain Solaris versions that do not support sem_timedwait(),
OpenMAMA provides an implentation.

Signed-off-by: Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

Updated Build Instructions

Added better download and build instructions for the Avis client and router.

For the OpenMAMA build it is necessary to specify --with-avis to build the
Avis bridge, and it is also necessary to invoke generateBuildFiles.sh prior
to building source from a cloned git repository.

Signed-off-by: Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

[mama] Adding .gitignore

This patch introduces a .gitignore file to force git to skip known build
artifacts when displaying status information.

Signed-off-by: Mark Spielman <mark.spielman@...>