Date

Open Data Model Docs available for feedback (OpenMDM)

Jamie Hill

Hey All,

We are delighted to announce the release of the OpenMDM Phase 2 Equities and Indices Consultation documentation which shall be published over the next week.

In this first documentation release, the following have been provided:

1.       A quick reference guide providing background information to the initiative and detailing the current documentation under release - OpenMDM_QuickReference_2.0.pdf

2.       The OpenMDM Reference Guide  - OpenMDM Reference Guide 2.0.pdf

Both documents can be obtained upon request from opendatamodel@...

Early next week we shall be adding a feedback tracker document onto Google docs which will enable you to browse and comment on general feedback received throughout the consultation period which will run from the 9th of July until the 30th of July.

Regards,

Jamie

www.openmama.org

Playing With Custom Bridges / Payloads for OpenMAMA

I can see the Bridge and Payload is nicely separated in the C code, but there is some code in there which I'm not certain is required for just the bridge implementation as opposed to for the avis middleware implementation.

Is there a minimalistic implementation somewhere which contains *only* the required prototypes for a a full bridge / payload implementation?

Re: Playing With Custom Bridges / Payloads for OpenMAMA

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Hi Frank,

We do have a null bridge implementation which would be prototype for anyone interested to write bridge to the OpenMAMA, Will are also working on the null payload bridge implementation.

The source code for the null bridge is not available but would be posted shortly after reviewed by the moderator.

Thanks
Jacob

From: Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>
Date: Friday, June 29, 2012 4:14 PM
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] Playing With Custom Bridges / Payloads for OpenMAMA

Hi Folks,

I can see the Bridge and Payload is nicely separated in the C code, but there is some code in there which I'm not certain is required for just the bridge implementation as opposed to for the avis middleware implementation.

Is there a minimalistic implementation somewhere which contains *only* the required prototypes for a a full bridge / payload implementation?

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.

2.1.1.2 install problem and version compatibility question

Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>

Hi,

I've just picked up OpenMama 2.x and I've a few questions if I may (I tried #openmama, but all's quiet there)...

  • Is OpenMama 2.x wire compatible with 1.x?  I'd like to run a Java 2.x subscriber and be able to pick up either 1.x or 2.x messages.

Regards,

Bill

--
16 St Martin’s Le Grand
London

+44 (0) 20 3239 8137

Re: 2.1.1.2 install problem and version compatibility question

Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...>

Hi Bill,
Answers below.
  • Is OpenMama 2.x wire compatible with 1.x?  I'd like to run a Java 2.x subscriber and be able to pick up either 1.x or 2.x messages.
Yes. The wire level protocols are defined by the middlewares and message formats that OpenMAMA supports. If you are using the the underlying libraries, e.g. Avis, then OpenMAMA will be backwards compatible.

common/c_cpp/configure needs to be generated first by running generateBuildFiles.sh. Full build instructions are in he README file.

Glenn

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] 2.1.1.2 install problem and version compatibility question

Hi,

I've just picked up OpenMama 2.x and I've a few questions if I may (I tried #openmama, but all's quiet there)...

  • Is OpenMama 2.x wire compatible with 1.x?  I'd like to run a Java 2.x subscriber and be able to pick up either 1.x or 2.x messages.

Regards,

Bill

--
16 St Martin’s Le Grand
London
EC1A 4EN
United Kingdom

+44 (0) 20 3239 8137

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: 2.1.1.2 install problem and version compatibility question

Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>

Hi Glenn,

Thanks following up.  Good news on the wire compatibility - will give me lots more integration options :-)

Re: building.  The README file indicates you only need to run generateBuildFiles.sh if you've downloaded from GIT; however I downloaded from the archive and the instructions are to use configure directly (this worked for 2.1 version).  Anyway, I've got 2.1 compiled and can run against Avis so making progress.

Cheers,
Bill

On 10 July 2012 10:25, Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,
Answers below.

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

OpenMAMA Linux install problem

Aidan Russell

Hi,

I downloaded the OpenMAMA 2.1 Linux package, and installed. However the binaries are not compatible with the platform below, so I cannot execute the test programs, or compile a test program (lib not compatible).

Can you help ?

bash-3.2$ uname -a
Linux gbsh232 2.6.18-194.el5PAE #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 22:00:21 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks,
Aidan

regards,

Aidan Russell
Quoting Systems Development
Unicredit Group

0049 89 378 12843

Re: OpenMAMA Linux install problem

Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...>

Hi Aidan,
What error are you getting when you try to compile? I'm running on a very similar version (below), though it should work on most modern Linux distributions.

2.6.18-194.11.4.el5 #1 SMP Tue Sep 21 05:04:09 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Glenn

From: "Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions)" <aidan.russell.extern@...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:05:14 +0100
To: "'openmama-users@...'" <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] OpenMAMA Linux install problem

[...]

I get the following:

bash-3.2$ make -f Makefile.sample .mamalistencpp
g++  -I../../..//include  -c -o mamalistencpp.o mamalistencpp.cpp
g++  -I../../..//include -rdynamic -L../../..//lib  -o mamalistencpp mamalistencpp.o -Xlinker -Bstatic -lmamacpp -Xlinker -Bdynamic -Xlinker -Bdynamic -lmama -Xlinker -Bdynamic  -lrt -lpthread -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../..//lib/libmamacpp.a when searching for -lmamacpp
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmamacpp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mamalistencpp] Error 1

And for the pre-compiled examples, I get the following:

bash-3.2$ bin/mamapublisherc
bash: bin/mamapublisherc: cannot execute binary file
The regular file permissions seem ok. I get this error for the 2.1 & 2.1.1.2 versions.

From: "Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions)" <aidan.russell.extern@...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:05:14 +0100
To: "'openmama-users@...'" <openmama-users@...>

[...]

Ahh just realised you're running on i686 (32 bit) whereas the binary is built for x86_64 (64 bit).

If you download the source and build from scratch it will be OK. Source for the 2.1 release is at:

Glenn

From: "Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions)" <aidan.russell.extern@...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:05:14 +0100
To: "'openmama-users@...'" <openmama-users@...>

[...]

Thanks Glenn, I'll give it a try (I assumed the build download was 32 bit).

regards,
Aidan

From: "Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions)" <aidan.russell.extern@...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:05:14 +0100
To: "'openmama-users@...'" <openmama-users@...>

[...]

Sorry about this, I get the following error building from the src tar:

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -g -O2  -L/opt/openmama/lib -L./../cpp -L./../cpp/mamda -L./../cpp/options -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/cpp -rdynamic -o comboticker comboticker.o parsecmd.o dictrequester.o  -lwombatcommon -lmamda -lmamacpp -lmama -lpthread -ldl -lnsl -lm
libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -rdynamic -o .libs/comboticker comboticker.o parsecmd.o dictrequester.o  -L/opt/openmama/lib -L./../cpp -L./../cpp/mamda -L./../cpp/options -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/cpp /opt/openmama/lib/libwombatcommon.a /opt/home/tuinct/tmp/dev/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mamda/c_cpp/src/cpp/.libs/libmamda.so -luuid -lmamacpp -lmama -lpthread -ldl -lnsl -lm -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/home/tuinct/tmp/dev/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mamda/c_cpp/mamda_6.0.0rc19/lib
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmamacpp
I cannot find the mamacpp lib. I did the following : untar; ./configure; make.

thanks,
Aidan

From: "Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions)" <aidan.russell.extern@...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:05:14 +0100
To: "'openmama-users@...'" <openmama-users@...>

[...]

OpenMAMA doesn't seem to work with WOMBAT tibrv bridge

Slavomir Kundrik

Hi,

I have finally got around to build the OpenMAMA 2.1 on Windows and all worked great. Perhaps just a small thing. In avis project post-build event I had to change the CommandLine to

copy "$(AVIS_HOME)\Release\avis.dll" "$(OutDir)avis.dll"

or it would produce error (copy finished with return code 1). The original copy would fail if AVIS_HOME contains spaces hence quotes.

Anyway,
after getting all the building done I have decided to test it with a tibrv bridge that comes with MAMA4 api from WOMBAT. Unfortunately after launching the mamalistec.exe example that comes with OpenMAMA I got “Entry Point Not Found” error with the following message

“The procedure entry point mamaMsgImpl_usingPayloadBridge could not be located in the dynamic link library libmamacmd.dll”

Using dependency walker I can see it in the libmamacmd.dll that comes with WOMBAT but not in yours.

Is there something missing in the OpenMAMA implementation?

Thanks,

Slavomir Kundrik
Principal Developer, Futures Front Office IT, EMEA
Nomura

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential, may contain
proprietary or privileged information and is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action
on the basis of information in this e-mail and must delete all copies.
Nomura will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or
completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in, this
e-mail. If verification is sought please request a hard copy. Any reference
to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only
and subject to formal written confirmation by Nomura. Nomura reserves the
right to monitor e-mail communications through its networks (in accordance
with applicable laws). No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by
Nomura by any mistransmission of this e-mail. Any reference to "Nomura" is
a reference to any entity in the Nomura Holdings, Inc. group. Please read
our Electronic Communications Legal Notice which forms part of this e-mail:
http://www.Nomura.com/email_disclaimer.htm

Re: OpenMAMA doesn't seem to work with WOMBAT tibrv bridge

Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

Slavomir,

At this time the commercial bridges for TIBRV, LBM and NYSE Data Fabric supplied by NYSE as part of the MAMA 4.x and 5.x releases are not compatible with OpenMAMA; however, they will be part of the OpenMAMA Enterprise Edition which will be released in the near future.

I will look at the Windows build scripts and fix the problem that you encountered.

Regards,

-Mike Schonberg

[...]

Hi Slavomir,

The OpenMAMA source code doesn't include the bridge implementation of the Tibrv middleware. It only have the bridge implementation of avis and so wouldn't  be able to run it on Tibrv.

Thanks,

--

Jacob

From: "slavomir.kundrik@..." <slavomir.kundrik@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:27 PM
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

Bill,

You are correct, you should not have to run generateBuildFiles.sh if you download the source tar ball from openmama.org as we run the script prior to creating the archive.

I verified that the current 2.1 source contains common/c_cpp/configure and that the C/C++ MAMA builds complete from the downloaded source. Can you provide the link that you used to download the source, your configure command, and the output from configure and make?

Regards,

-Mike

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

Mike,

I forgot 1 more thing with the build.

When building on my VS2010 there is a setting under Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->Build and Run called “maximum number of parallel builds”. I had this set to 8 and several project builds (about 18 I think) would fail due to “File being used by another process”. After changing this to 1 all seems to work fine.

I’m not sure if you can work around this in the build (I don’t see an obvious easy solution) but it might be worth mentioning in the README file.

Regards,

Slavo

[...]

Hi Mike,

Here's what I did (abridged to ignore Avis, GTest, ...).  I stopped at the ./configure command assuming there's no point continuing to make/install...

$ wget http://www.openmama.org/sites/openmama.org/files/openmama-src-2.1.1.2.tar_0.bz2
$ bunzip2 openmama-src-2.1.1.2.tar_0.bz2
$ tar xvf openmama-src-2.1.1.2.tar_0
$ cd OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2
$ ./configure --with-avis=/usr/local
./configure: line 58: ./configure: No such file or directory
/tmp/test/OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2
./configure: line 63: ./configure: No such file or directory
/tmp/test/OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2
./configure: line 68: ./configure: No such file or directory
/tmp/test/OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2
./configure: line 73: ./configure: No such file or directory
/tmp/test/OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2

Looking at ./configure, line 58:

# configure common
cd common/c_cpp
./configure $EXTRA
cd -

Hope this helps,
Bill

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

missing lib mamamwmimpl

Aidan Russell

Hi,

I downloaded the OpenMAMA-2.1 source, installed and built the source on Linux (32 bit); I tried the following test program, but with the following error:

bash-3.2$ mamapublisherc -tport openmama_pub -m mwm
Starting Publisher with:
   topic:              MAMA_TOPIC
   inbound topic:      MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC
   interval            0.500000
   transport:          openmama_pub
2012-07-12 12:03:08: mama_loadBridge(): Invalid middleware [mwm]
2012-07-12 12:03:08: mama_loadmamaPayload(): Could not open middleware bridge library [mamamwmimpl] [libmamamwmimpl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
Error loading bridge: NO_BRIDGE_IMPL

How do I download or build the mamamwmimpl lib ?

thanks,
Aidan

regards,

Aidan Russell
Quoting Systems Development

0049 89 378 12843

Re: missing lib mamamwmimpl

Damian Maguire

Hi Aidan,

Which middleware are you attempting to make use of here? The NYSE Enterprise Edition will support LBM, Tibrv and WMW, but OpenMAMA presently only supports the Avis bridge out of the box (unless you've built a bridge yourself). "mwm" isn't something I'm familiar with.

Can you try running the same command, but switching the value of the -m parameter to "-m avis", then checking the results?

Thanks,

Damian