From: Damian Maguire [mailto:dmagdrums@...]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:06 PM
To: Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions)
Cc: openmama-users@...
Subject: Re: [Openmama-users] missing lib mamamwmimpl

Hi Aidan,

Which middleware are you attempting to make use of here? The NYSE Enterprise Edition will support LBM, Tibrv and WMW, but OpenMAMA presently only supports the Avis bridge out of the box (unless you've built a bridge yourself). "mwm" isn't something I'm familiar with.

Can you try running the same command, but switching the value of the -m parameter to "-m avis", then checking the results?

Thanks,

Damian

On 12 July 2012 12:12, Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions) <aidan.russell.extern@...> wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded the OpenMAMA-2.1 source, installed and built the source on Linux (32 bit); I tried the following test program, but with the following error:

bash-3.2$ mamapublisherc -tport openmama_pub -m mwm
Starting Publisher with:
   topic:              MAMA_TOPIC
   inbound topic:      MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC
   interval            0.500000
   transport:          openmama_pub
2012-07-12 12:03:08: mama_loadBridge(): Invalid middleware [mwm]
2012-07-12 12:03:08: mama_loadmamaPayload(): Could not open middleware bridge library [mamamwmimpl] [libmamamwmimpl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
Error loading bridge: NO_BRIDGE_IMPL

How do I download or build the mamamwmimpl lib ?

thanks,
Aidan

regards,

Aidan Russell
Quoting Systems Development

0049 89 378 12843

Re: missing lib mamamwmimpl

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Hi Damian,

I would recommend that you build the mama and the bridge shared object from the source code to your specific operating system and then make sure to export the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the location of the shared object folder.

Thanks
Jacob

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@velocimetrics.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@lists.openmama.org" <openmama-users@lists.openmama.org>
Subject: [Openmama-users] 2.1.1.2 install problem and version compatibility
question

Hi,

I've just picked up OpenMama 2.x and I've a few questions if I may (I tried
#openmama, but all's quiet there)...

* Is OpenMama 2.x wire compatible with 1.x?  I'd like to run a Java 2.x
subscriber and be able to pick up either 1.x or 2.x messages.
* I've tried build OpenMama 2.1.1.2 from source(http://www.openmama.org/sites/openmama.org/files/openmama-src-2.1.1.2.tar_0.bz2
), but it's failing to configure. Problem seems to be that common/c_cpp
is missing ./configure.   OpenMama 2.1 seems to pass this point without
any problems.

Regards,

Bill

--
16 St Martin’s Le Grand
London

+44 (0) 20 3239 8137

are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error,
please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE
Euronext.

--
16 St Martin’s Le Grand
London
EC1A 4EN
United Kingdom

+44 (0) 20 3239 8137

Re: missing lib mamamwmimpl

Aidan Russell

Hi Damian,

Another question on MAMA bridge modules - which bridge module is needed to implement a MAMA / MAMDA client for the SuperFeed Data Fabric middleware ? In this case, this means an Enterprise  MAMA client (not OpenMAMA).

I'm not sure if I should address this to technology sales, let me know if I should re-send.

thanks,
Aidan

[...]

Damian Maguire

Hey Aidan,

I'd reach out to NYSE Technologies themselves to discuss the requirements for SuperFeed. To the best of my knowledge the platform leverages the NYSE Technologies Data Fabric middleware (also called wmw), though they may have support for redistribution under other middlewares. As stated before, Data Fabric is only currently supported under the NYSE Enterprise Edition, not OpenMAMA itself, so you'd need a bridge provided with it in order to make it work.

Thanks,

Damian

On 16 July 2012 15:12, Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions) <aidan.russell.extern@...> wrote:
[...]

problems compiling mama jni component

Roan Horning

Hi,

I am having a problem compiling the mama jni code. I receive the
following error message:

mamasubscriptionjni.c:33:36: fatal error: mamajni/dictionaryimpl.h:
No such file or directory

Double checking, I find that there is no dictionaryimpl.h in
mama/jni/src/c/mamajni/

I found dictionaryimpl.h in:

mama/c_cpp/src/c/dictionaryimpl.h

if I copy it to the mamajni folder and try compiling again, I get the
error message

mamasubscriptionjni.c:1109:5: error: unknown type name 'dictionaryClosure'

It appears that all the other header files in the
mama/jni/src/c/mamajni/ directory are being generated. I am guessing
something in my build environment is preventing the correct
dictionaryimpl.h from being generated also.

I am compiling the openMAMA code cloned from the git repository.
My OS is the 32 bit version of Ubuntu 11.10 with kernel
3.2.0-26-generic-pae #41-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 14 16:45:14 UTC 2012 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Any help is greatly appreciated

--Roan

Re: problems compiling mama jni component

Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

Roan,

You need a valid JDK 5 or 6 from Oracle installed on your machine as well as ant. The JDK bin directory, and ant should be in your path before any other directories that may have a javac (from OpenJDK perhaps). Also you need to set your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the JDK.

See the README file for details.

Regards,
-Mike

[...]

Mike,

Thank you for your response. I did have OpenJDK and not a valid JDK
from Oracle. I downloaded JDK 6 from Oracle, and have followed your
suggestion to make sure it is the system default:

$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33

$ echo $PATH
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

$ which java
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/bin/java

$ which javac
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/bin/javac

$ which ant
/usr/bin/ant

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_33"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.8-b03, mixed mode)

$ javac -version
javac 1.6.0_33

Is this a correct version of Java from Oracle to use, or did I
download the wrong SDK?

after running cleaning the project, re-running
generateBuildFiles.sh, configure --avis-path=/usr/local, make and
then make mamajni I get the following error:

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/x15/Development/openMAMA/mama/jni/src/c'

/bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I. -I../.. -I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/solaris
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/linux
-I/opt/openmama/include -pedantic -Wno-long-long -g -O2 -pedantic
-Wno-long-long -I./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c
-I./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -MT mamasubscriptionjni.lo -MD -MP
-MF .deps/mamasubscriptionjni.Tpo -c -o mamasubscriptionjni.lo
mamasubscriptionjni.c

libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/solaris
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/linux
-I/opt/openmama/include -pedantic -Wno-long-long -g -O2 -pedantic
-Wno-long-long -I./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c
-I./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -MT mamasubscriptionjni.lo -MD -MP
-MF .deps/mamasubscriptionjni.Tpo -c mamasubscriptionjni.c -fPIC
-DPIC -o .libs/mamasubscriptionjni.o

mamasubscriptionjni.c:33:36: fatal error: mamajni/dictionaryimpl.h: No
such file or directory
compilation terminated.

make[4]: *** [mamasubscriptionjni.lo] Error 1

I am using the version of ant provided by Ubuntu. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,

Roan

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com> wrote:
[...]

Hi Mike,

Resolved my issue. I was trying to compile this from the src in the
git repository. I had also previously downloaded the source for the
OpenMAMA release 2.1.1.2. When I looked for the file in the 2.1.1.2
directory structure I found the needed file with the correct structure
defined. Once I copied this into the corresponding place in my git
clone, mamajni compiled without issue. Thanks once again for pointing
me in the right direction on the JDK issue.

Roan

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Roan Horning <roan.horning@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

build error on mamalibrary

Anthony Si

Hi there,

Please kindly assist with this build error in OpenMama library

cd dvlp/OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2
sudo make mama-install

I'm seeing the following error:

"Making install in avis
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/yatkasi/dvlp/OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2/mama/c_cpp/src/c/bridge/avis'
/bin/sh ../../../../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../..   -I./src/c -I/usr/local/include -I./../../ -I./../../../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -Wno-long-long -Wimplicit -Wno-long-long -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall  -g -O2 -Wimplicit -Wno-long-long -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -MT subinitial.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/subinitial.Tpo -c -o subinitial.lo subinitial.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../.. -I./src/c -I/usr/local/include -I./../../ -I./../../../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -Wno-long-long -Wimplicit -Wno-long-long -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -g -O2 -Wimplicit -Wno-long-long -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -MT subinitial.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/subinitial.Tpo -c subinitial.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/subinitial.o
In file included from subinitial.c:22:
./../../../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c/wombat/wUuid.h:28: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â before âwUuidâ
subinitial.c: In function âavisBridgeMamaInbox_createByIndexâ:
subinitial.c:110: error: âwUuidâ undeclared (first use in this function)
subinitial.c:110: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
subinitial.c:110: error: for each function it appears in.)
subinitial.c:110: error: expected â;â before ât_uuidâ
subinitial.c:127: warning: implicit declaration of function âuuid_generate_timeâ
subinitial.c:127: error: ât_uuidâ undeclared (first use in this function)
subinitial.c:128: warning: implicit declaration of function âuuid_unparseâ
make[5]: *** [subinitial.lo] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/yatkasi/dvlp/OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2/mama/c_cpp/src/c/bridge/avis'
"

Can anyone please advice how this can be resolved?

Many Thanks

Anthony

Re: build error on mamalibrary

Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

Anthony,

Did you clone from the git repository or download the source archive?

What OS are you running on?

Do you have libuuid installed on your system?

Regards,

-Mike

[...]

thanks for your quick reply.

uname -a
Linux 2.6.32-279.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jul 20 01:55:29 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
It's CentOS 6.3

it's from a download source archive, not git

sudo yum install uuid
Package uuid-1.6.1-10.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

I symlinked /usr/lib64/libuuid.so -> /lib64/libuuid.so.1

Many thanks

Anthony

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael Schonberg

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, Anthony Si wrote:

Hi Mike,
thanks for your quick reply.

uname -a
Linux 2.6.32-279.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jul 20 01:55:29 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

It's CentOS 6.3

it's from a download source archive, not git

sudo yum install uuid
Package uuid-1.6.1-10.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest
version
Nothing to do

I symlinked /usr/lib64/libuuid.so -> /lib64/libuuid.so.1
Is uuid.h installed on your system? It should be in /usr/include/uuid/

Many thanks

Anthony

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com> wrote:

[...]

**
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to
it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it
from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.

Re: build error on mamalibrary

Anthony Si

Hi Michael & Roan,

uuid.h is indeed missing.   After taking Roan's suggestion:

sudo yum install libuuid-devel
sudo yum install uuid-devel
sudo yum install e2fsprogs-libs

compile is working.

Thanks a lot!

Anthony

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Michael Schonberg <openmama.patch@...> wrote:

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, Anthony Si wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> thanks for your quick reply.
>
>       uname -a
>       Linux 2.6.32-279.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jul 20 01:55:29 UTC
>       2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> It's CentOS 6.3
>
> it's from a download source archive, not git
>
>       sudo yum install uuid
>       Package uuid-1.6.1-10.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest
>       version
>       Nothing to do
>

> I symlinked /usr/lib64/libuuid.so -> /lib64/libuuid.so.1

Is uuid.h installed on your system?  It should be in /usr/include/uuid/

> Many thanks
>
> Anthony
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
>
>       Anthony,
>

>       Did you clone from the git repository or download the source
>       archive?
>
>       What OS are you running on?
>
>       Do you have libuuid installed on your system?
>

>       Regards,
>
>       -Mike

installing openmama on ubuntu 12

John Gray <john.gray@...>

I have installed openmama on Ubuntu 12 (32bit)  but having trouble building it  - getting the following error:

Googling seems to indicate a problem  with Boost or pthreads.   Any advice?

Thanks

John

/bin/bash ../../../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -g -O2  -L/usr/local/lib -L./../../cpp -L./../../c -L./../../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -o mamalistencpp mamalistencpp.o -lmamacpp -lmama -lpthread -ldl -lnsl

libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -o .libs/mamalistencpp mamalistencpp.o  -L/usr/local/lib -L./../../cpp -L./../../c -L./../../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c /home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/cpp/.libs/libmamacpp.so -L./../c /home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so -L./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -lrt -luuid -lpthread -ldl -lnsl -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_init'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_settype'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_destroy'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_timedwait'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_create'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_init'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_key_delete'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_post'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_trywait'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_getvalue'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_wait'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_join'

Re: installing openmama on ubuntu 12

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Hi John,

It looks like your missing the pthread library, Can you make sure that you have the pthread library installed in your machine.

Thanks,
Jacob

--

Jacob

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Monday, August 27, 2012 2:23 PM
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] installing openmama on ubuntu 12

[...]

I haven't run into this specific issue, but usually when I get
messages about undefined references it means I haven't installed the
development version of the library in question. It looks like there is
a libboost-thread-dev package in Ubuntu. That might solve your
problems.

--Roan