Date

Fw: OpenMAMA and Avis building problem

shoyaib

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: Shoyaib Hossain <shoyaib0088@...>
To: "Openmama-users@..." <Openmama-users@...>
Sent: Friday, 11 January 2013, 2:10
Subject: OpenMAMA and Avis building problem

Dear Sir/Madam

I am trying to build OpenMAMA and Avis on Ubuntu.  However when i try to compile OpenMAMA and execute the following commands then i found some problems such as "mamajni" and "mamadajni" are not found.

>./configure
>make
>sudo make install

Therefore i have installed Java JDK 7 and Avis client and router library.
I have attached the errors that i have found from the terminal.

I am looking forward to your response.

Thanks

Market Data dictionary and Market Data publisher for OpenMAMDA

Hien Nguyen <hien.nguyen@...>

Hi,

I’m doing some studies on OpenMAMA and OpenMAMDA.

So far, I have configured OpenMAMA with Avis successfully. I can send and receive normal data with OpenMAMA now.

For the next step, I want to explore OpenMAMDA but I cannot figure out by myself which format market data dictionary is required by OpenMAMDA and how to publish market data.

Could you please point me to some documents to read for more details or give me some examples on that (I have finished OpenMAMA & OpenMAMDA developer guide but it doesn’t help me much in working with market data dictionary & market data publishing)

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Hien

Nguyen Hong Hien

Consultant

+65 8220 2751

hien.nguyen@...

Re: Fw: OpenMAMA and Avis building problem

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Hi Shoyaib,

Can you make sure that you have the JAVA_HOME set to the home folder of the Java install, as the error seem to be around the missing jni.h header file.

mamajniutils.h:25:17: fatal error: jni.h: No such file or directory

I am also assuming that you are executing the generateBuildFile.sh script before running the configure.

./generateBuildFiles.sh
./configure —prefix= --avis-path=
make mamajni
make mamajni-install

The above should build mamajni libraries.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

--

Jacob

From: Shoyaib Hossain <shoyaib0088@...>
Date: Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:56 PM
To: "Openmama-users@..." <Openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] Fw: OpenMAMA and Avis building problem

I am trying to build OpenMAMA and Avis on Ubuntu.  However when i try to compile OpenMAMA and execute the following commands then i found some problems such as "mamajni" and "mamadajni" are not found.

>./configure
>make
>sudo make install

Therefore i have installed Java JDK 7 and Avis client and router library.
I have attached the errors that i have found from the terminal.

I am looking forward to your response.

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.

Algorithm (OpenMAMA)

shoyaib

Dear Sir/Madam

I am going to implement a software (data entry/routing) using OpenMAMA and Avis software.  Can you kindly tell me what type of software algorithm will be the best to implement the software (data entry/routing).

Thanks

Re: Algorithm (OpenMAMA)

Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...>

Hi Shoyaib,
That is quite an open ended question, and one that is probably beyond the scope of this list.

Can you give any more detail on what exactly you are trying to do and I'll try to answer your question?

Glenn

From: Shoyaib Hossain <shoyaib0088@...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:46:34 -0800
To: "Openmama-users@..." <Openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] Algorithm (OpenMAMA)

Dear Sir/Madam

I am going to implement a software (data entry/routing) using OpenMAMA and Avis software.  Can you kindly tell me what type of software algorithm will be the best to implement the software (data entry/routing).

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Times in the AVIS bridge

Mark Perkin <mark@...>

Hi All,

I recently grabbed the latest openmama and built it on CentOS 6.3. When I run the C unit tests using AVIS:

./UnitTestMamaC -m avis -p avismsg

It core dumps.

I've looked at the avis timer code and its clear that there are some serious threading problems - impl objects shared across threads without any synchronization, impl objects getting freed  in one thread then  later dereferenced, multiple frees of the same impl, etc.

Are these known issues and if so, is anyone working to fix the avis bridge code? I was thinking of starting to fix these but my concern is that the whole avis bridge code base my be in a poor state and I'd be diving down a rats nest.

Mark

Re: Times in the AVIS bridge

Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...>

Hi Mark,
There are some know issues with the Avis support, some architectural, some issues in the bridge and some within Avis itself, all of which which is not good it has to be said. The two biggest problem areas are:

- timers
- lack of vector support in Avis

Rather than spend time fixing the Avis implementation I'm currently working with Red Hat and concentrating on making the AMQP Qpid bridges a "best practice" open source implementation. Avis will then be deprecated.

Qpid does support vectors and overall ia a far better middleware, so in the long term this will be better for everyone but please do bear with us as we make the transition.

Glenn

From: Mark Perkin <mark@...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:01:39 +0000
To: <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] Times in the AVIS bridge

_______________________________________________ Openmama-users mailing list Openmama-users@... https://lists.openmama.org/mailman/listinfo/openmama-users

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

(No subject)

shoyaib

Dear Sir/Madam

When i use the following command then i am getting an error.  Can you kindly help me out please.

/opt/openmama/bin$ ./mamapublisherc -m avis -tport sub

Starting Publisher With:

topic                           MAMA_TOPIC
inbound topic             MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC
interval                       0.500000
transport                     sub

mama_loadmamaPayload(): Could not open middleawre bridge [mamaavismlp] [libmamaavisimpl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]

Error loading bridge: NO_BRIDGE_IMPL

I am looking forward to your response.

Thanks

(No subject)

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Hi Shoyaib,

It seems that mamapublisherc is unable to load the libmamaavisimp.so shared object.

Can you verify the following:-

Check to see where libmamaavisimpl.so exist in the lib folder of the install
Make sure that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is pointing the the lib folder of the install

Could you also run the mamapublisherc in verbose mode and send out the output
Mamapublisherc –m avis –tport sub –v –v –v –v

--

Jacob

From: Shoyaib Hossain <shoyaib0088@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:09 PM
To: "Openmama-users@..." <Openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] (no subject)

[...]

Have you set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly to point to the lib directory?

Section 2.1 of the Developer's Guide has some more details on running the examples on Linux:

From: Shoyaib Hossain <shoyaib0088@...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:09:47 -0800
To: "Openmama-users@..." <Openmama-users@...>

[...]

I have completed the first three steps however i have stuck in step - 4 and 5.  I do not know how to set it WOMBAT_PATH and use the following command line $ export WOMBAT_PATH=/var/userspace/mama/config.WOMBAT_PAT.   Also i am having same problem in step - 5.

1. Unzip the file to a convenient directory. For illustration, we use the directory /var/userspace/
mama. The following directories are created:
2. Create a config directory:
$ mkdir /var/userspace/mama/config
3. Copy mama.properties from examples/mama to the config directory. This file should have
transport settings.
4. Set the WOMBAT_PATH variable to include config:
$ export WOMBAT_PATH=/var/userspace/mama/config
5. Set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to include lib:
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/userspace/mama/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
6. For the Java and JNI versions of MAMA, set the CLASSPATH variable to include the .jar files i
n the
lib directory:
$ export CLASSPATH=/var/userspace/mama/lib/mamajni.jar:$CLASSPATH

Can you kindly help me out please.

Thanks

(No subject)

Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...>

Hi,
If you're using Linux then the steps include the commands to use from a
terminal:

WOMBAT_PATH
export WOMBAT_PATH=/var/userspace/mama/config

LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

From: Shoyaib Hossain <shoyaib0088@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 08:38:44 -0800
To: "Openmama-users@lists.openmama.org"
<Openmama-users@lists.openmama.org>

[...]

o/openmama-users

________________________________

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Data Dictionary Developer Questions [I]

Joseph Sarbak

Classification: For internal use only

Dear openmama-users@lists.openmama.org,

For my employer, I am investigating the work required to publish market data to internal consumers over the OpenMama API. I have a couple questions regarding the default mama topic model and the data dictionary api. I would be very grateful if someone could either answer these questions or indicate whether I should be asking another mailing list.

0. The default OpenMama topic model is the concatenation of 'namespace'##'symbol'. Can OpenMama support multiple symbols published over a single topic? Would there be any complications (on the caching mechanism, for example) if a group topic model were followed?

1. Data Dictionary API: Can one enrish the standard field description with user-defined fields? Example custom fields would be: custom data-types, and byte-offset?

2. Data Dictionary API: Is there java support? Is there a plan for supporting java?

Thank you.

Joseph Sarbak

---
This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this communication. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication is strictly forbidden.

Deutsche Bank does not render legal or tax advice, and the information contained in this communication should not be regarded as such.

Re: Data Dictionary Developer Questions [I]

Matthew Mulhern <MMulhern@...>

Addressing each of your points in turn:

0. The default OpenMama topic model is the concatenation of
'namespace'##'symbol'. Can OpenMama support multiple symbols published
over a single topic? Would there be any complications (on the caching
mechanism, for example) if a group topic model were followed?

OpenMAMA has the concept of group subscriptions, where multiple symbols
are sent down a single subscription. It¹s a different subscription type
on the client side.
The publisher needs to send an initial for each symbol within the group
before the 10 second timeout elapses.
The specific symbol within the group is communicated using the
wIssueSymbol reserved field.
Each symbol has a separate context and has its own sequence numbers and
gap detection.

1. Data Dictionary API: Can one enrish the standard field description with
user-defined fields? Example custom fields would be: custom data-types,
and byte-offset?

Yes, there is a dedicated range for adding your own custom fields.
However the types available in the dictionary may be a lot less strict
than the payload. Generally the dictionary is used for
Name/fid mapping.

2. Data Dictionary API: Is there java support? Is there a plan for
supporting java?

There is a MamaDIctionary in JAVA currently. However it relies on
populating from a file or a msg.

Rgds,
Matt Mulhern

On 04/02/2013 19:30, "Joseph Sarbak" <joseph.sarbak@db.com> wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much for your answers, Matthew!

Joe

[...]

Tom Doust

Hi Joe

Are you building your own middleware bridge? If so we would be interested in hearing more about it.

If you are building your own middleware bridge then a word of warning. As a generalisation, there are many implementation issues that the example Avis bridge does not address. We expect the new QPid(AMQP) bridge to be the open source transport to use when evaluating OpenMAMA.

Regards

Tom Doust

TOM DOUST | Head of Consultancy

TICK42

P: +44 (0) 1628 477444 | M: +44 (0) 7710 479924 | E: tom.doust@... | skype:  tom.doust |  http://www.tick42.com

> [...]

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

---

This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this communication. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication is strictly forbidden.

Deutsche Bank does not render legal or tax advice, and the information contained in this communication should not be regarded as such.

Re: Data Dictionary Developer Questions [I]

Hello Tom,

It looks as though I will need to write both transport and payload bridges.

We will be using LBM for transport with our own payload format.

I noticed from the avis code there is a coupling b/w transport and payload bridges.  I was looking for examples showing the ability to mix/match but could not find any.  I suppose this can be addressed by using ‘mama_set_defaultPayload’ within the transport bridge factory function.

Joe Sarbak

> [...]

Deutsche Bank does not render legal or tax advice, and the information contained in this communication should not be regarded as such.

This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this communication. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication is strictly forbidden.

Deutsche Bank does not render legal or tax advice, and the information contained in this communication should not be regarded as such.

.NET API?

paul.green <pgreen@...>

Hi All,

I’m trying to start a POC with OpenMAMA using .NET, but I’m having trouble getting going.

I’m not clear on how to go about this as everything we’ve tried so far has not worked, and the documentation (here) isn’t very clear for C#. In section 1.4. it jumps into making calls into OpenMAMA but doesn’t explain what assembly needs referencing or how to set up the .Net project.

Also, in section 2.2 Windows it mentions a file with the following format;

where:

<d> - a date stamp

<t> - a time stamp

<mw> - indicates the middleware this version of OpenMAMA is for

<VS> - the version of the Visual Studio compiler used

<branch> - the branch number

But I can’t find any such file anywhere on the OpenMAMA web site (i.e. not here)

I’ve downloaded openmama-src-2.2.1.1.tar.bz2 which contains a Visual Studio .sln file. This doesn’t build however (initially failing on flex.exe) and I can’t find any documentation on how to build it.

I can see the c# MAMA.cs file have p/invoke calls into a native dll called libmamacmd.dll, but I can’t find this file anywhere.

Any help to get going would be appreciated!

Thanks

Paul Green

Development Manager

NYSE Technologies

Office: +61 2 92473633

Mobile: +61 403874561

www.nyx.com/

[...]

When I run the following commend then i get an error like [mamaavisimpl] is not found.

./mamapublisherc -m avis -s MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC -tport pub -v -v -v -v

I have also attached my mama properties.

Thanks

Re: .NET API?

Matt Mulhern

Hi Paul,
Addressing your points inline below.

Regards,
Matt Mulhern.

From: "paul.green" <pgreen@...>
Date: Monday, 18 February 2013 04:29
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] .NET API?

Hi All,

I’m trying to start a POC with OpenMAMA using .NET, but I’m having trouble getting going.

I’m not clear on how to go about this as everything we’ve tried so far has not worked, and the documentation (here) isn’t very clear for C#. In section 1.4. it jumps into making calls into OpenMAMA but doesn’t explain what assembly needs referencing or how to set up the .Net project.

Also, in section 2.2 Windows it mentions a file with the following format;

where:

<d> - a date stamp

<t> - a time stamp

<mw> - indicates the middleware this version of OpenMAMA is for

<VS> - the version of the Visual Studio compiler used

<branch> - the branch number

But I can’t find any such file anywhere on the OpenMAMA web site (i.e.not here)

This file description is related to how enterprise customers receive OpenMAMA within their release package. Pre-built OpenMAMA distributions for windows will be distributed on openmama.org soon.

I’ve downloaded openmama-src-2.2.1.1.tar.bz2 which contains a Visual Studio .sln file. This doesn’t build however (initially failing on flex.exe) and I can’t find any documentation on how to build it.

The build instructions for OpenMAMA are found in the README file in the root of the source tarball you have downloaded. Looking at your error, it sounds like you have not included flex  (a required package for OpenMAMA) in your PATH. I have copied the relevant README section below:

(from the OpenMAMA README)
"Set the AVIS_HOME environment variable appropriately.  This should contain
debug, release, and include folders.

Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable appropriately (for mamajni). This should
contain an include folder.

Set the ANT_HOME environment variable appropriately (for mamajni).

Set the GTEST_HOME environment variable appropriately (optional for unittests).
This should contain debug, release, and include folders.

Insure Flex is included in your path.

Open OpenMama.sln

Build common, then mama, then mamda. Avis folder should also be built, if not
previously done.

Concurrent building of multiple products may cause build fail.
Flex perbuild command is run when building common."

I can see the c# MAMA.cs file have p/invoke calls into a native dll called libmamacmd.dll, but I can’t find this file anywhere.

Shared object .dll files are created as part of the build process. Since you have not yet built OpenMAMA, they will not be present in your build directory.

Any help to get going would be appreciated!

Thanks

Paul Green

Development Manager

NYSE Technologies