Date

OpenMAMA doesn't seem to work with WOMBAT tibrv bridge

Slavomir Kundrik

Hi,

I have finally got around to build the OpenMAMA 2.1 on Windows and all worked great. Perhaps just a small thing. In avis project post-build event I had to change the CommandLine to

copy "$(AVIS_HOME)\Release\avis.dll" "$(OutDir)avis.dll"

or it would produce error (copy finished with return code 1). The original copy would fail if AVIS_HOME contains spaces hence quotes.

Anyway,
after getting all the building done I have decided to test it with a tibrv bridge that comes with MAMA4 api from WOMBAT. Unfortunately after launching the mamalistec.exe example that comes with OpenMAMA I got “Entry Point Not Found” error with the following message

“The procedure entry point mamaMsgImpl_usingPayloadBridge could not be located in the dynamic link library libmamacmd.dll”

Using dependency walker I can see it in the libmamacmd.dll that comes with WOMBAT but not in yours.

Is there something missing in the OpenMAMA implementation?

Thanks,

Slavomir Kundrik
Principal Developer, Futures Front Office IT, EMEA
Nomura

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential, may contain
proprietary or privileged information and is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action
on the basis of information in this e-mail and must delete all copies.
Nomura will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or
completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in, this
e-mail. If verification is sought please request a hard copy. Any reference
to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only
and subject to formal written confirmation by Nomura. Nomura reserves the
right to monitor e-mail communications through its networks (in accordance
with applicable laws). No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by
Nomura by any mistransmission of this e-mail. Any reference to "Nomura" is
a reference to any entity in the Nomura Holdings, Inc. group. Please read
our Electronic Communications Legal Notice which forms part of this e-mail:
http://www.Nomura.com/email_disclaimer.htm

Re: OpenMAMA Linux install problem

Aidan Russell

Hi Glenn,

Sorry about this, I get the following error building from the src tar:

/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -g -O2  -L/opt/openmama/lib -L./../cpp -L./../cpp/mamda -L./../cpp/options -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/cpp -rdynamic -o comboticker comboticker.o parsecmd.o dictrequester.o  -lwombatcommon -lmamda -lmamacpp -lmama -lpthread -ldl -lnsl -lm
libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -rdynamic -o .libs/comboticker comboticker.o parsecmd.o dictrequester.o  -L/opt/openmama/lib -L./../cpp -L./../cpp/mamda -L./../cpp/options -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/cpp /opt/openmama/lib/libwombatcommon.a /opt/home/tuinct/tmp/dev/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mamda/c_cpp/src/cpp/.libs/libmamda.so -luuid -lmamacpp -lmama -lpthread -ldl -lnsl -lm -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/home/tuinct/tmp/dev/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mamda/c_cpp/mamda_6.0.0rc19/lib
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmamacpp
I cannot find the mamacpp lib. I did the following : untar; ./configure; make.

thanks,
Aidan

From: "Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions)" <aidan.russell.extern@...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:01:17 +0100
To: Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...>, "'openmama-users@...'" <openmama-users@...>

Hi Glenn,

I get the following:

bash-3.2$ make -f Makefile.sample .mamalistencpp
g++  -I../../..//include  -c -o mamalistencpp.o mamalistencpp.cpp
g++  -I../../..//include -rdynamic -L../../..//lib  -o mamalistencpp mamalistencpp.o -Xlinker -Bstatic -lmamacpp -Xlinker -Bdynamic -Xlinker -Bdynamic -lmama -Xlinker -Bdynamic  -lrt -lpthread -lm
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../..//lib/libmamacpp.a when searching for -lmamacpp
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmamacpp
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mamalistencpp] Error 1

And for the pre-compiled examples, I get the following:

bash-3.2$ bin/mamapublisherc
bash: bin/mamapublisherc: cannot execute binary file
The regular file permissions seem ok. I get this error for the 2.1 & 2.1.1.2 versions.

Thanks,
Aidan

From: "Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions)" <aidan.russell.extern@...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:05:14 +0100
To: "'openmama-users@...'" <openmama-users@...>

Hi,

I downloaded the OpenMAMA 2.1 Linux package, and installed. However the binaries are not compatible with the platform below, so I cannot execute the test programs, or compile a test program (lib not compatible).

Can you help ?

bash-3.2$ uname -a
Linux gbsh232 2.6.18-194.el5PAE #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 22:00:21 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks,
Aidan

regards,

Aidan Russell
Quoting Systems Development
Unicredit Group

0049 89 378 12843

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: OpenMAMA Linux install problem

Aidan Russell

Thanks Glenn, I'll give it a try (I assumed the build download was 32 bit).

From: "Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions)" <aidan.russell.extern@...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:05:14 +0100
To: "'openmama-users@...'" <openmama-users@...>

Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...>

From: "Russell Aidan (Ext. - UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions)" <aidan.russell.extern@...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:05:14 +0100
To: "'openmama-users@...'" <openmama-users@...>

[...]

Re: 2.1.1.2 install problem and version compatibility question

Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>

Hi Glenn,

Thanks following up.  Good news on the wire compatibility - will give me lots more integration options :-)

Re: building.  The README file indicates you only need to run generateBuildFiles.sh if you've downloaded from GIT; however I downloaded from the archive and the instructions are to use configure directly (this worked for 2.1 version).  Anyway, I've got 2.1 compiled and can run against Avis so making progress.

Cheers,
Bill

On 10 July 2012 10:25, Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,
Answers below.
  • Is OpenMama 2.x wire compatible with 1.x?  I'd like to run a Java 2.x subscriber and be able to pick up either 1.x or 2.x messages.
Yes. The wire level protocols are defined by the middlewares and message formats that OpenMAMA supports. If you are using the the underlying libraries, e.g. Avis, then OpenMAMA will be backwards compatible.

common/c_cpp/configure needs to be generated first by running generateBuildFiles.sh. Full build instructions are in he README file.

Glenn

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] 2.1.1.2 install problem and version compatibility question

Hi,

I've just picked up OpenMama 2.x and I've a few questions if I may (I tried #openmama, but all's quiet there)...

  • Is OpenMama 2.x wire compatible with 1.x?  I'd like to run a Java 2.x subscriber and be able to pick up either 1.x or 2.x messages.

Regards,

Bill

--
16 St Martin’s Le Grand
London

+44 (0) 20 3239 8137

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

Re: Playing With Custom Bridges / Payloads for OpenMAMA

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Hi Frank,

We do have a null bridge implementation which would be prototype for anyone interested to write bridge to the OpenMAMA, Will are also working on the null payload bridge implementation.

The source code for the null bridge is not available but would be posted shortly after reviewed by the moderator.

Thanks
Jacob

From: Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>
Date: Friday, June 29, 2012 4:14 PM
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] Playing With Custom Bridges / Payloads for OpenMAMA

Hi Folks,

I can see the Bridge and Payload is nicely separated in the C code, but there is some code in there which I'm not certain is required for just the bridge implementation as opposed to for the avis middleware implementation.

Is there a minimalistic implementation somewhere which contains *only* the required prototypes for a a full bridge / payload implementation?

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.

Playing With Custom Bridges / Payloads for OpenMAMA

I can see the Bridge and Payload is nicely separated in the C code, but there is some code in there which I'm not certain is required for just the bridge implementation as opposed to for the avis middleware implementation.

Is there a minimalistic implementation somewhere which contains *only* the required prototypes for a a full bridge / payload implementation?

Open Data Model Docs available for feedback (OpenMDM)

Jamie Hill

Hey All,

We are delighted to announce the release of the OpenMDM Phase 2 Equities and Indices Consultation documentation which shall be published over the next week.

In this first documentation release, the following have been provided:

1.       A quick reference guide providing background information to the initiative and detailing the current documentation under release - OpenMDM_QuickReference_2.0.pdf

2.       The OpenMDM Reference Guide  - OpenMDM Reference Guide 2.0.pdf

Both documents can be obtained upon request from opendatamodel@...

Early next week we shall be adding a feedback tracker document onto Google docs which will enable you to browse and comment on general feedback received throughout the consultation period which will run from the 9th of July until the 30th of July.

Regards,

Jamie

www.openmama.org

OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2 and New Branches

Michael Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

I pushed a number of changes to the git repository this week, and created two
new branches.

The new branches are "next" and OpenMama-2.1.1. The next branch contains all the
patches submitted to the mailing list that are under consideration for the next
scheduled release, OpenMAMA-2.1.2. This includes all of the patches submitted to
openmama-dev thus far. The OpenMAMA-2.1.1 branch is the current stable branch
starting from the April 29 2.1.1.1 release which is tagged with
OpenMAMA-2.1.1.1. Only critical bug fixes and very low impact changes will be
merged into the stable branches. All changes to the stable branches must be
first committed to master.

I will be posting additional details on the development cycle and how changes
get into the next, master and stable branches to the web site and openmama-dev
in the coming days.

The changes for 2.1.1.2 are described below. The source and binaries are not
available on the web site yet as there are some issues uploading files at the
moment. I expect to have this resolved shortly.

Regards,
-Michael Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com>

CHANGES:
OpenMAMA 2.1.1.2

This release contains very minor fixes focusing on the build environment. The
2.1.1.1 release, which introduced OpenMAMDA in addition to C++ and Java support,
complicated the build environment significantly. These changes address some of
the build issues encountered. Subsequent minor releases will attempt to further
simplify the build process.

Changes:

Add patch for -lmama for news and orderbook examples

The news and orderbook examples were not building because the linker could
not find libmama. This patch adjusts the link flags to include the path to
the mama c libraries.

Signed-off-by: Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com>

Add libpthread to library list for sem_timedwait

configure.ac needs to search for sem_timedwait in both librt and libpthread.
On OS's like certain Solaris versions that do not support sem_timedwait(),
OpenMAMA provides an implentation.

Signed-off-by: Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com>

Updated Build Instructions

Added better download and build instructions for the Avis client and router.

For the OpenMAMA build it is necessary to specify --with-avis to build the
Avis bridge, and it is also necessary to invoke generateBuildFiles.sh prior
to building source from a cloned git repository.

Signed-off-by: Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com>

[mama] Adding .gitignore

This patch introduces a .gitignore file to force git to skip known build
artifacts when displaying status information.

Signed-off-by: Mark Spielman <mark.spielman@solacesystems.com>

Re: CTA demo

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

The wmw middleware should be build in the API and Feedhandler, you should be fine with demo kit.

Jacob

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Friday, June 8, 2012 11:26 AM
To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>
Subject: Re: CTA demo

I thought that might be the case.  Is there a demo of wmw to go with this?  Needs to be correct version I guess.  Or is there anything else I can use?

On 8 June 2012 15:27, Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...> wrote:
The CTA_demo package cannot be ran with avis middleware, you would need to use the wmw tcp middleware.

Jacob

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Friday, June 8, 2012 6:24 AM
To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>
Subject: CTA demo

Hi Jacob

I can get the feed to run fine and the APIs look ok too  - but can't get the two to connect (timeout waiting for dictionary) when running mamalistenc.

I have AVIS  - but not wmw or lbm - is there any settings on the feed start command - or on the mama.properties I need to alter?

[...]

Re: installation with AVIS

mschonberg <mschonberg@...>

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, John Gray wrote:

Getting there - added a symlink to /usr/lib64 for libuuid.so and that got me further...

However, getting some undefined references:

libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -rdynamic -o .libs/comboticker comboticker.o parsecmd.o dictrequester.o  -L/opt/openmama/lib -L./../cpp -L./../cpp/mamda -L./../cpp/options -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c
-L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/cpp /opt/openmama/lib/libwombatcommon.a /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mamda/c_cpp/src/cpp/.libs/libmamda.so /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib/libmamacpp.so
-L/usr/local/lib -L./../c /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so -L./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -lrt -luuid -lpthread -ldl -lnsl -lm -Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib
/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib/libmamacpp.so: undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_unhook()@GLIBCXX_3.4.15'
/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib/libmamacpp.so: undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_hook(std::__detail::_List_node_base*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.15'
Do you have libstdc++ installed? You can check in the synaptic package manager.

Regards,
-Mike

Im using Ubuntu:

Linux john-laptop 2.6.32-41-generic #89-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 27 22:18:56 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Lin

Thanks again for your help in this.

On 5 June 2012 20:03, mschonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com> wrote:

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, John Gray wrote:

> Apologies for resorting back again - this is probably more UNIX than mama!
> I can see the make files being constructed, but the examples are still not being built - and the make seems to stop before getting to the examples directory,
> At the end of the make file i get the following error:
>
> libtool: link: gcc -shared  -fPIC -DPIC  .libs/bridge.o .libs/clientmanageresponder.o .libs/datetime.o .libs/dictionary.o .libs/dqstrategy.o .libs/error.o .libs/fielddesc.o .libs/imagerequest.o
> .libs/listenermsgcallback.o .libs/log.o .libs/mama.o .libs/mamaStrUtils.o .libs/marketdata.o .libs/middleware.o .libs/msg.o .libs/msgfield.o .libs/msgqualifier.o .libs/msgstatus.o
.libs/msgtype.o
> .libs/msgutils.o .libs/publisher.o .libs/dqpublisher.o .libs/dqpublishermanager.o .libs/inbox.o .libs/quality.o .libs/reservedfields.o .libs/senderId.o .libs/servicelevel.o .libs/queue.o
.libs/io.o
> .libs/price.o .libs/priceimpl.o .libs/refreshtransport.o .libs/timer.o .libs/timezone.o .libs/source.o .libs/sourceman.o .libs/status.o .libs/stat.o .libs/statscollector.o .libs/statfields.o
> .libs/statsgenerator.o .libs/subscmsgtype.o .libs/subscription.o .libs/subscriptiontype.o .libs/statslogger.o .libs/statsloggerfields.o .libs/symbollist.o .libs/ft.o .libs/symbollistmember.o
> .libs/symbolmapfile.o .libs/syncresponder.o .libs/throttle.o .libs/transport.o .libs/fileutils.o .libs/playbackFileParser.o .libs/playbackpublisher.o .libs/playbackcapture.o .libs/connection.o
> .libs/serverconnection.o .libs/manager.o .libs/version.o   -L/usr/local/lib -L./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -lnsl -lrt
/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/common/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libwombatcommon.a -ldl
> -luuid  -O2   -Wl,-soname -Wl,libmama.so.0 -o .libs/libmama.so.0.0.0
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I have checked the libuuid file exists and have added the /lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to try to get around this - but no luck.

On what OS are you building? Where are you finding libuuid.so?

I build fine with no modifications to LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Fedora 16:
   /lib64/libuuid.so.1
   /lib64/libuuid.so.1.3.0
   /usr/lib64/libuuid.so

I have the following packages installed:
   [mike@fedora OpenMAMA-2.1]$ yum list installed *uuid*
   Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
   Installed Packages
   libuuid.x86_64                        2.20.1-2.3.fc16                   @updates
   libuuid-devel.x86_64                  2.20.1-2.3.fc16                   @updates

Regards,
-Mike

> May I beg your assistance?
>
> Thanks
>
> On 4 June 2012 23:00, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com> wrote:
>       John,
>
>       Based on your make logs, it looks like you don't have ant and java (Sun JDK 6) installed. I plan on changing the default build to build C/C++ only as many users do not require Java. In
the mean
>       time you can build OpenMAMA C/C++ with "make mama-install" and OpenMAMDA C/C++ with "make mamda-install". The OpenMAMDA build requires a couple of build patches that I submitted to the
>       openmama-dev list. I will be pushing these patches to git in the next day or so.
>
>       Regards,
>       -Mike

Re: kRe: installation with AVIS

John Gray <john.gray@...>

Getting there - added a symlink to /usr/lib64 for libuuid.so and that got me further...

However, getting some undefined references:

libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -rdynamic -o .libs/comboticker comboticker.o parsecmd.o dictrequester.o  -L/opt/openmama/lib -L./../cpp -L./../cpp/mamda -L./../cpp/options -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/cpp /opt/openmama/lib/libwombatcommon.a /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mamda/c_cpp/src/cpp/.libs/libmamda.so /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib/libmamacpp.so -L/usr/local/lib -L./../c /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so -L./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -lrt -luuid -lpthread -ldl -lnsl -lm -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib

On 5 June 2012 20:03, mschonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:

> [...]

   libuuid.x86_64                        2.20.1-2.3.fc16                   @updates
   libuuid-devel.x86_64                  2.20.1-2.3.fc16                   @updates

Regards,
-Mike

> May I beg your assistance?
>
> Thanks
>
> On 4 June 2012 23:00, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
>       John,
>
>       Based on your make logs, it looks like you don't have ant and java (Sun JDK 6) installed. I plan on changing the default build to build C/C++ only as many users do not require Java. In the mean
>       time you can build OpenMAMA C/C++ with "make mama-install" and OpenMAMDA C/C++ with "make mamda-install". The OpenMAMDA build requires a couple of build patches that I submitted to the
>       openmama-dev list. I will be pushing these patches to git in the next day or so.

kRe: installation with AVIS

> [...]

Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
libuuid.x86_64 2.20.1-2.3.fc16 @updates
libuuid-devel.x86_64 2.20.1-2.3.fc16 @updates

Regards,
-Mike

May I beg your assistance?

On 4 June 2012 23:00, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com> wrote:
John,

Based on your make logs, it looks like you don't have ant and java (Sun JDK 6) installed. I plan on changing the default build to build C/C++ only as many users do not require Java. In the mean
time you can build OpenMAMA C/C++ with "make mama-install" and OpenMAMDA C/C++ with "make mamda-install". The OpenMAMDA build requires a couple of build patches that I submitted to the
openmama-dev list. I will be pushing these patches to git in the next day or so.

wrote:

                      Is the avis daemon running?

                      Regards,

                      -Mike

> [...]

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have checked the libuuid file exists and have added the /lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to try to get around this - but no luck.

May I beg your assistance?

On 4 June 2012 23:00, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
John,

Based on your make logs, it looks like you don't have ant and java (Sun JDK 6) installed. I plan on changing the default build to build C/C++ only as many users do not require Java. In the mean time you can build OpenMAMA C/C++ with "make mama-install" and OpenMAMDA C/C++ with "make mamda-install". The OpenMAMDA build requires a couple of build patches that I submitted to the openmama-dev list. I will be pushing these patches to git in the next day or so.

Re: Building Middleware for openMAMA.

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Thanks for clarifying.

The first release of the OpenMAMA was only in C and the bridge
implementation was also in C and this release was expected to only work on
the Avis router C implementation.

In order to work with the Java Avis implementation, you would need the
mamajni implementation of OpenMAMA, which was only available on the second
release.

Here is the link to download the C implementation of the Avis router
middleware libavis.so

http://avis.sourceforge.net/client_library.html

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Jacob

On 6/1/12 10:26 AM, "kulbhushan chaskar" <kulbhushanchaskar@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi Jacob,
I am referring to the code in the middleware component,
first release of openMAMA is in C, so Avis bridge code also in C but
its router( networking lib.) is in Java. So I thinks to write router
code in C just for to see how openMAMA works.

Regards,
Kulbhushan Chaskar.

On 6/1/12, Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@nyx.com> wrote:
Hi Chaskar,

Just to clarify, when you mean "router code", are you referring to the
bridge that connects the middleware and your application? OR are you
referring to the code in the middleware component?

What specific assistance do you need with writing the bridge interface
in
C? If I have mistaken your requirement, please clarify.

Thanks,
Jacob

On 6/1/12 9:47 AM, "kulbhushan chaskar" <kulbhushanchaskar@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to buid middleware like Avis, also trying to write my
own network library
which is elvin in case of Avis, but it is in Java and I am trying to
write it in "C".
I somehow manage to write it, i.e. i successfully passed message in
between
mamaPublisherc and mamaSubscriberc.
I need more help regarding how to write router code in "C" where i
get information
about it

Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!
openmama-users-request@lists.openmama.org

openmama-users-owner@lists.openmama.org

than "Re: Contents of Openmama-users digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. installation with AVIS (John Gray)
2. Re: installation with AVIS (Jacobraj Benet)
3. Re: installation with AVIS (John Gray)
4. Re: installation with AVIS (Mike Schonberg)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 20:49:38 +0100
From: John Gray <john.gray@neueda.com>
To: openmama-users@lists.openmama.org

Hello

I have installed openmama and avis from the websites, but when trying
run mamapublisherc I get the following error....

avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not connected

command line:
mamapublisherc -m avis -tport pub

Avis tests for secure_sender and secure_receiver seem to work fine.

What needs done to correct this?

Thanks
John
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
<http://lists.openmama.org/pipermail/openmama-users/attachments/2012052
8/
ca367682/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:50:53 -0500
From: Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@nyx.com>
To: John Gray <john.gray@neueda.com>,
"openmama-users@lists.openmama.org"
<openmama-users@lists.openmama.org>

Hi John,

If possible can you run the mamapublicherc in verbose mode ?v ?v ?v ?v
and
send over the verbose output.

Also please provide us with your mama.properites.

Thanks,
Jacob

From: John Gray <john.gray@neueda.com<mailto:john.gray@neueda.com>>

"openmama-users@lists.openmama.org<mailto:openmama-users@lists.openmama
.o
rg>"

<openmama-users@lists.openmama.org<mailto:openmama-users@lists.openmama
.o
rg>>

Hello

I have installed openmama and avis from the websites, but when trying
to run
mamapublisherc I get the following error....

avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not connected

command line:
mamapublisherc -m avis -tport pub

Avis tests for secure_sender and secure_receiver seem to work fine.

What needs done to correct this?

Thanks
John

--
-----

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com <http://www.nyse.com>

**
****
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to
it is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to
the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE
Euronext.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
<http://lists.openmama.org/pipermail/openmama-users/attachments/2012052
9/
0a237897/attachment-0001.html>

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 16:04:34 +0100
From: John Gray <john.gray@neueda.com>
To: Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@nyx.com>
Cc: "openmama-users@lists.openmama.org"
<openmama-users@lists.openmama.org>

Hi Jacob - see output below
mama.properties attached (assumed it would use the default localhost
as
the
transport setting). This is as downloaded from openmama site.

Thanks
John

john@john-laptop:~/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/bin$ ./mamapublisherc -m avis
-s
MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC -tport pub -v -v -v -v
Starting Publisher with:
topic: MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC
inbound topic: MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC
interval 0.500000
transport: pub
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : mama_loadBridge(): Sucessfully
loaded
avis bridge from library [mamaavisimpl]
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : avisBridge_open(): Entering.
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Using path specified in WOMBAT_PATH
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Using default properties file
mama.properties
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Attempting to load MAMA properties
from
/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/examples/mama/c
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : avisBridge_open(): Successfully
created
Avis queue
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) :

**
*******
Warning: This is a developer release and has only undergone basic
sanity
checks.
It is for testing only and should not be used in a production
environment

**
*********
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Using path specified in WOMBAT_PATH
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Using default properties file
mama.properties
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Attempting to load MAMA properties
from
/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/examples/mama/c
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : mama_loadPayloadBridge():
Sucessfully
loaded avismsg payload bridge from library [mamaavismsgimpl]
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : mama 6.0.0rc19 (Unable to get
version
number) (not entitled)
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) :

**
*******
Note: This build of the MAMA API is not enforcing entitlement checks.
Please see the Licensing file for details

**
*********
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Entering mamaTransport_create for
transport (0x1756850) with name pub
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Creating transport: [pub]
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Number of load balanced sub
transports
defined: [0]
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : Not using load balancing
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : initializing Avis transport: pub
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : open failed for url: pub
2012-05-29 04:58:27: (d2fa9700) : avis error code=10107, error
msg=Transport endpoint is not connected
Error creating transport: STATUS_PLATFORM
john@john-laptop:~/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/bin$ ^C

From: John Gray <john.gray@neueda.com>
To: "openmama-users@lists.openmama.org"
[...]

3463f6a7/attachment-0001.html>