Date

OpenMAMA-2.4.1 (hotfix release for deferred entitlements)

Frank Quinn <f.quinn@...>

Hi Folks,

We will be cutting a release shortly which is a hot fix release to include following change:

https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA/commit/daf1478b6ecc25b0dd453a56a826bc9b95dc7b18

Note that if you have fallen victim to this issue, you will not be able to subscribe to anything, so if you can subscribe to data sources and receive data today, you don’t need to upgrade.

Only users of middleware bridges which use deferred entitlements will require this change (i.e. Qpid, Avis, ZeroMQ and SR Labs bridges are unaffected).

I am aiming to get binaries available within the next day or two. Alternatively if you build your own, you can go ahead and build off the OpenMAMA-2.4.1 release branch.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. SR Labs LLC

Re: Gitter vs IRC

Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>

Hi folks,

As we have heard no objections, we'll be going ahead with the move to gitter. It is ready to go right now and you'll find the usual IRC folks in Gitter. Meanwhile we'll work on updating all documentation etc to point to gitter rather than freenode.

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM, Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...> wrote:
Hi folks,

We're currently looking at gitter as a potential IRC compatible replacement and my personal opinion is that we should go with it.

You can already mess about in the proposed channel; you can read anonymously, or use a github or twitter account to contribute:

https://gitter.im/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA

It has several great features:

1. Instant messages are persisted to the room, so you will see history when you log in
2. Sensible concurrent login access with no username1 nonsense
3. Web front end comes for free
4. Provided by github so integrates very nicely into the project wiki etc
5. Native client provided for Mac, windows, Linux, iPhone and android
6. Also compatible with standard IRC clients

Downsides:

1. It increases the github lock-in
2. You'll need a github or twitter account to contribute

If anyone has any feedback about making the move, please speak up now. I'm sending this to both users and developers because it will impact both and I'll welcome and consider all responses. I'd hope that we can agree a decision one way or another by 7th June, then (if necessary) take the plunge.

Re: [Openmama-dev] Gitter vs IRC

Damian Maguire <d.maguire@...>

Having toyed with it a bit, as well as many of the alternatives, I think Gitter is a really good option – public, easy to use for new users (beats IRC on that front), enough platform support for regular users to work with, preserves history (again beats IRC default), much more open than Slack etc. Integrations might need some work (CI notifications in the IRC channel are nice for example), but I think we can work around that.

So yeah, my vote is go for it (with some sort of plan for deprecating Freenode of course).

Damian Maguire

Senior Sales Engineer

Desk (Direct): +4428 9568 0298

From: <openmama-dev-bounces@...> on behalf of Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 9:05 PM
To: openmama-dev <openmama-dev@...>, "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-dev] Gitter vs IRC

[...]

Re: [Openmama-dev] Using Qpid Broker

Frank Quinn <fquinn.ni@...>

Thanks for the update, Nestor, glad to see you got to the bottom of it!

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Macrux <kmacrux@...> wrote:
Hi, its me again, I have resolved this just creating a new topic exchange called "MAMA". That's all. Thanks anyway.

Kind regards,

Nestor.

On 21 April 2016 at 11:21, Macrux <kmacrux@...> wrote:
Hi there,

I'm trying to use the Java Qpid Broker implementation with OpenMAMA 2.4.0. On the web management console of the broker I have created a queue called "test" and I've bound it to the "amqp.topic" exchange (that is there by default). As a binding key I'm using "MAMA.*". When I run the mamapublisherc with:

mamapublisherc -m qpid -tport broker

I got this message:

qpidBridgeMamaTransportImpl_start(): Subscribing to topic://127.0.0.1/MAMA/8c60fd18-07db-11e6-b2bd-d8fc939b9a65 : (null)

And it seems to connect correctly, but when I subscribe a client with:

mamasubscriberc -m qpid -tport broker

I got this message:

qpidBridgeMamaTransportImpl_start(): Subscribing to topic://127.0.0.1/MAMA/b45ca894-07db-11e6-8de4-d8fc939b9a65 : (null)

And although it seems to connect correctly to the broker, it doesn't receive anything.

I haven't modified anything in the mama.properties file, so I have an error in the configuration of the broker, I suppose.

Could anyone please give me a hand with this? Thanks in advance.

Nestor.

Re: Using Qpid Broker

macrux

[...]

Using Qpid Broker

macrux

[...]

Re: Deal with multiple clients and only one transport in tick42blp bridge

Tom Doust

Hi Nestor

I think there is nothing inherent in OpenMAMA that prevents you from creating and running multiple instances of the same transport. I have demonstrated this with the Tick42 TREP bridge.

Your second solution is not ideal because the single static transport is only going to maintain a single connection (and thread) to Bloomberg.

Using your first solution (which I believe is the correct way to go) , where did it fail ?

Best regards

Tom

From: <openmama-users-bounces@...> on behalf of Macrux
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 10:23 PM
To: "openmama-dev@...", "openmama-users@..."
Subject: [Openmama-users] Capturec and tick42blp bridge

Hi folks,

As part of the work I'm doing with bloomberg and openmama, I'm trying to record the data coming from bloomberg through the bridge, I'm using this instruction:

capturec -m tick42blp -MS BlpMktData:blp_tport:symbols.sym

Where symbols.sym is a file containing only one symbol: "AAPL US Equity"

It starts to recording a file. After a while I stop the process with CTLR+C. Then I try to use the capturereplayc to play the file:

capturereplayc -S TEST -m qpid -tport pub -dictionary bbdict.txt -f 1221191001.playback

But the capturereplayc stops abruptly. The same happens if I try to use the dictionary provided in the openmama release.

So my question is, how could I record the data coming from bloomberg and then play them with the capturereplayc tool.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate your patience, I'm really new with openama.

Best regards,

PD: I attached the playback file recorded today just in case someone wants to test it.

From: <openmama-users-bounces@...> on behalf of Macrux
Date: Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 10:23 PM
To: "openmama-dev@...", "openmama-users@..."

[...]

Re: Build Mamda Book from Mama Subscription

Tom Doust

Hi Nestor, Glenn

Order book handling is outside the scope of the current version of our BLP bridge.

In our TREP bridge we take OMM MarketByPrice and MarketByOrder messages and build mamda book messages from them. Conceptually, it’s quite simple because the OMM and the Mamda models are almost identical. In practice, it’s a bit messy because in order to key the price levels correctly you have to maintain some state between updates.

I think generating the messages in the bridge is the right way to go.

From what I recall of the Open Bloomberg  API there are several, source dependent representations, some of which are similar to the TR OMM model.

The TREP bridge code described above is in our  open source release in git hub if you want to take a look. A lot of the code we used to build the mama book messages is based on code doing the same thing in the mamda book publisher example that ships with OpenMAMA.

Apologies that this doesn’t really give any easy answers but hopefully will point you in the right direction.

Best regards

Tom

Perhaps one of the tick42blp bridge developers could help out, but one thing that may help is a orderbook message spec for OpenMAMDA. This isn't currently published on the OpenMAMA website but I see when we can get it out.

Glenn McClements, SVP Engineering

Adelaide Exchange | 24-26 Adelaide Street | Belfast | UK | BT2 8GD

www.srtechlabs.com

SR.LABS Proven High Speed Electronic Trading Solutions

I'm wondering if there is any example in which data received through OpenMAMA is transformed into a Mamda Order book. For example, I have a subcription to Bloomberg through the tick42blp bridge but I need to transform the data received into a Mamda Order Book because I have a client (other program) which works with OpenMamda order books, that's the point.

Thanks in advance for any help you could give about that case.

Regards,

Nestor.

Glenn McClements <g.mcclements@...>

[...]

OpenMAMA now available on GitHub!

Matt Mulhern

Hi Folks,

After reviewing our current process and the number of disparate systems that we use to track and maintain OpenMAMA (Git, Bugzilla, Phabricator and Jira services), we have decided to move the hosting of the OpenMAMA source code to GitHub instead of our own dedicated git server effective immediately.

The old git server will remain online until the end of the month but will be treated as read-only. On 14th September, git.openmama.org will be fully retired.

Updating your existing repository to point to the new server is a very straightforward process. Simply run the following if you're already a GitHub user with ssh access:

git remote set-url origin https://github.com/OpenMAMA/OpenMAMA.git

This will allow you to pull down the latest source, but not push any changes. If you want to keep your changes somewhere else, I would highly recommend forking the GitHub repository. This has the advantage of being able to use pull requests instead of the usual email patch submission process.

The patch submission process will remain the same as it did before, but with the newly available option of pull requests which we're in the process of documenting.

The code review process will now be done in the open through GitHub as will ticket tracking. We'll be migrating any existing Bugzilla tickets over to the Github issue tracking system over the next few weeks as well as updating our documentation to reflect the new processes and URLs.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please let us know.

Cheers,
Matt

Tick42 bidge for TREP

Many of you will be aware that Tick42 have been developing an OpenMAMA bridge for Thomson Reuters TREP.  You may also have noticed that it was publicly announced yesterday.

There is a press release at http://www.finextra.com/news/announcement.aspx?pressreleaseid=60079  and details of how to get it at http://tick42.com/trepbridge

The Tick42 Bridge provides support for subscribing to L1 and L2 data (full book or aggregated by price) and published amam messages as either an interactive or non-interactive provider. It supports contribution by posting rssl messages. It includes flexible mapping between TR and mama/mamda fieldnames, field ids and types. In addition to the open source release we have an enhanced version that is available under licence from Tick42 that includes source discovery, the ability to accept posted messages, handling legacy MFEED messages, and, in the next release, the ability to handle ANSI page data.

Please note that you will need a licenced UPA SDK from Thomson Reuters in order to build and run the code and obviously a TREP infrastructure to connect to.

Please feel free to contact us either directly or through the OpenMAMA mailing lists if you have questions or comments.

Best Regards

Tom Doust