Date

Re: mamaSource and mamaSourceManager

Glenn McClements <gmcclements@...>

Hi Mark,

The auto-generated API documentation is in the Reference Manual below, but this doesn't give any more detail than is in the headers.

http://www.openmama.org/sites/openmama.org/files/OpenMAMA%20C%20API%20Reference%20Manual_1.pdf

It looks like mamaSource section was missed in Dev Guide, the text is below and I've raised an issue for it but essentially it's a wrapper object for the transport and source name/namespace. The shipped examples show how to use it.

The mamaSourceManager is a simple factory/container class that may be useful to applications handling multiple sources.

MAMA Source

A MAMA Source represents the information needed to find and use a set of data. Such information includes the MAMA Transport and Symbol Namespace and used by that source. Below shows how to create a MAMA Source, assuming that a Transport has already been createdn <>.

C:

mamaSource source = NULL;

mamaSource_create (&source);

mamaSource_setId (source, "SourceName");

mamaSource_setTransport (source, transport);

mamaSource_setSymbolNamespace (source, "NAMESPACE");

/* Set other properties */

C++:

MamaSource* source = new MamaSource ("SourceName", transport, "NAMESPACE");

// Set other properties

Java/JNI:

MamaSource source = new MamaSource ("SourceName", transport,"NAMESPACE");

// Set other properties

C:

MamaSource source = new MamaSource ();

source.id = "SourceName";

source.transport = transport;

source.symbolNamespace = "NAMESPACE";

// Set other properties

From: Mark Perkin <mark@...>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 11:27:56 +0000
To: <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] mamaSource and mamaSourceManager

Hi,

Is there any documentation on the mamaSource and mamaSourceManager types. There is only scant mention of the former in the C and C++ guides and no mention of the latter. Also, the api documentation in either case isn't very informative.

thanks,

Mark
_______________________________________________ Openmama-users mailing list Openmama-users@... https://lists.openmama.org/mailman/listinfo/openmama-users

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: example bookviewer problem

Matt Mulhern

Hi,
The Mamda examples rely on a dictionary for field id lookups.
However, limitations in avis prevent this, as it cannot deliver the dictionary from a publishing app.
In order to get round this you need to load a dictionary into the app directly.
A dictionary will soon be available on openmama.org to help with this operation.

With thanks,
Matt Mulhern

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 3:20 AM, Patrick De Guzman <pndeguzman@...> wrote:
Hi,

I've just started to play around with the examples, specifically mamalisten which works fine when I use it with its various arguments such as -D and -B. But i am having trouble with the bookviewer example where every time I run the program it returns after a while with:

Timed out waiting for data dictionary
Unknown Exception in main ().

Just wondering if I could get some guidance on how to use this example.

Thanks,
Patrick

Re: OpenMAMA windows verison

Matt Mulhern

Hi Patrick,
Builds are being generated for this and will soon be available on openmama.org
Until then, you will have to build from source Instructions on how to carry this out may be found in the README found in the root of the source distribution.

Regards,
Matt Mulhern

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:38 AM, Patrick De Guzman <pndeguzman@...> wrote:
Hi,

Could anyone direct me to where I can download the windows version of OpenMAMA. On the OpenMAMA website I can only seem to find the linux verison.

Thanks,
Patrick

mamaSource and mamaSourceManager

Mark Perkin <mark@...>

Hi,

Is there any documentation on the mamaSource and mamaSourceManager types. There is only scant mention of the former in the C and C++ guides and no mention of the latter. Also, the api documentation in either case isn't very informative.

thanks,

Mark

OpenMAMA windows verison

[...]

(No subject)

Matt Mulhern

Hi Shoyaib,
It looks like you haven't set your environment correctly.

You need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the contents of the /lib directory. If this isn't set correctly mamapublisherc will not be able to access the avis libraries, resulting in your error.

I have included some sample terminal output of this process being carried out on a linux system (please see attached).

Regards,
Matt Mulhern.

[NOTE: a similar discussion may be found earlier on this list (link) ]

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Shoyaib Hossain <shoyaib0088@...> wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam

When I run the following commend then i get an error like [mamaavisimpl] is not found.

./mamapublisherc -m avis -s MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC -tport pub -v -v -v -v

I have also attached my mama properties.

Re: .NET API?

Matt Mulhern

Hi Paul,
Addressing your points inline below.

Regards,
Matt Mulhern.

From: "paul.green" <pgreen@...>
Date: Monday, 18 February 2013 04:29
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] .NET API?

Hi All,

I’m trying to start a POC with OpenMAMA using .NET, but I’m having trouble getting going.

I’m not clear on how to go about this as everything we’ve tried so far has not worked, and the documentation (here) isn’t very clear for C#. In section 1.4. it jumps into making calls into OpenMAMA but doesn’t explain what assembly needs referencing or how to set up the .Net project.

Also, in section 2.2 Windows it mentions a file with the following format;

where:

<d> - a date stamp

<t> - a time stamp

<mw> - indicates the middleware this version of OpenMAMA is for

<VS> - the version of the Visual Studio compiler used

<branch> - the branch number

But I can’t find any such file anywhere on the OpenMAMA web site (i.e.not here)

This file description is related to how enterprise customers receive OpenMAMA within their release package. Pre-built OpenMAMA distributions for windows will be distributed on openmama.org soon.

I’ve downloaded openmama-src-2.2.1.1.tar.bz2 which contains a Visual Studio .sln file. This doesn’t build however (initially failing on flex.exe) and I can’t find any documentation on how to build it.

The build instructions for OpenMAMA are found in the README file in the root of the source tarball you have downloaded. Looking at your error, it sounds like you have not included flex  (a required package for OpenMAMA) in your PATH. I have copied the relevant README section below:

(from the OpenMAMA README)
"Set the AVIS_HOME environment variable appropriately.  This should contain
debug, release, and include folders.

Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable appropriately (for mamajni). This should
contain an include folder.

Set the ANT_HOME environment variable appropriately (for mamajni).

Set the GTEST_HOME environment variable appropriately (optional for unittests).
This should contain debug, release, and include folders.

Insure Flex is included in your path.

Open OpenMama.sln

Build common, then mama, then mamda. Avis folder should also be built, if not
previously done.

Concurrent building of multiple products may cause build fail.
Flex perbuild command is run when building common."

I can see the c# MAMA.cs file have p/invoke calls into a native dll called libmamacmd.dll, but I can’t find this file anywhere.

Shared object .dll files are created as part of the build process. Since you have not yet built OpenMAMA, they will not be present in your build directory.

Any help to get going would be appreciated!

Thanks

Paul Green

Development Manager

NYSE Technologies

Office: +61 2 92473633

Mobile: +61 403874561

www.nyx.com/

(No subject)

shoyaib

Dear Sir/Madam

When I run the following commend then i get an error like [mamaavisimpl] is not found.

./mamapublisherc -m avis -s MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC -tport pub -v -v -v -v

I have also attached my mama properties.

Thanks

.NET API?

paul.green <pgreen@...>

[...]

The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.

The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.

Re: Data Dictionary Developer Questions [I]

Joseph Sarbak

Classification: For internal use only

Hello Tom,

It looks as though I will need to write both transport and payload bridges.

We will be using LBM for transport with our own payload format.

I noticed from the avis code there is a coupling b/w transport and payload bridges.  I was looking for examples showing the ability to mix/match but could not find any.  I suppose this can be addressed by using ‘mama_set_defaultPayload’ within the transport bridge factory function.

Joe Sarbak

From: Shoyaib Hossain <shoyaib0088@...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 08:38:44 -0800
To: "Openmama-users@..."
<Openmama-users@...>
Subject: [Openmama-users] (no subject)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have
completed the first three steps however i have stuck in step - 4 and 5.
I do not know how to set it WOMBAT_PATH and use the
following command line $ export
WOMBAT_PATH=/var/userspace/mama/config.WOMBAT_PAT. Also i am having same
problem in step - 5.

1. Unzip the file to a convenient directory. For illustration, we use the
directory /var/userspace/
mama. The following directories are created:
2. Create a config directory:
$ mkdir /var/userspace/mama/config
3. Copy mama.properties from examples/mama to the config directory. This
file should have
transport settings.
4. Set the WOMBAT_PATH variable to include config:
$ export WOMBAT_PATH=/var/userspace/mama/config
5. Set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to include lib:
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/userspace/mama/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
6. For the Java and JNI versions of MAMA, set the CLASSPATH variable to
include the .jar files in the
lib directory:
$ export CLASSPATH=/var/userspace/mama/lib/mamajni.jar:$CLASSPATH

Can you kindly help me out please.

o/openmama-users

________________________________

[...]

Have you set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly to point to the lib directory?

Section 2.1 of the Developer's Guide has some more details on running the examples on Linux:

From: Shoyaib Hossain <shoyaib0088@...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:09:47 -0800
To: "Openmama-users@..." <Openmama-users@...>

Dear Sir/Madam

When i use the following command then i am getting an error.  Can you kindly help me out please.

/opt/openmama/bin$ ./mamapublisherc -m avis -tport sub

Starting Publisher With:

topic                           MAMA_TOPIC
inbound topic             MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC
interval                       0.500000
transport                     sub

mama_loadmamaPayload(): Could not open middleawre bridge [mamaavismlp] [libmamaavisimpl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]

Error loading bridge: NO_BRIDGE_IMPL

I am looking forward to your response.

Thanks
_______________________________________________ Openmama-users mailing list Openmama-users@... https://lists.openmama.org/mailman/listinfo/openmama-users

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

(No subject)

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Hi Shoyaib,

It seems that mamapublisherc is unable to load the libmamaavisimp.so shared object.

Can you verify the following:-

Check to see where libmamaavisimpl.so exist in the lib folder of the install
Make sure that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is pointing the the lib folder of the install

Could you also run the mamapublisherc in verbose mode and send out the output
Mamapublisherc –m avis –tport sub –v –v –v –v

--

Jacob

From: Shoyaib Hossain <shoyaib0088@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:09 PM
To: "Openmama-users@..." <Openmama-users@...>

Dear Sir/Madam

When i use the following command then i am getting an error.  Can you kindly help me out please.

/opt/openmama/bin$ ./mamapublisherc -m avis -tport sub

Starting Publisher With:

topic                           MAMA_TOPIC
inbound topic             MAMA_INBOUND_TOPIC
interval                       0.500000
transport                     sub

mama_loadmamaPayload(): Could not open middleawre bridge [mamaavismlp] [libmamaavisimpl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]

Error loading bridge: NO_BRIDGE_IMPL

I am looking forward to your response.

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.