From: Jacobraj Benet [mailto:JBenet@...]
Sent: 28 August 2012 22:33
To: John Gray; openmama-users@...
Cc: Brian Fitzpatrick
Subject: Re: [Openmama-users] installing openmama on ubuntu 12

Hi John,

Are you having this issue only on ubuntu 12 or also in earlier version of Ubuntu? I know in the past you were able to build and run mama on Ubuntu, What is very different with this build?

Is the build issue only on 64 bit? Or also on the 32 bit?

Thanks,

--

Jacob

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:25 PM
To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>, "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Cc: Brian Fitzpatrick <brian.fitzpatrick@...>

Hi

I did a complete folder rm –rf OpenMama2.1 and re-extracted the files.

I’ve made sure the pthread is installed and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set but still getting the same 3 errors:

·         Warning about not using WombatCommon in configuration output (/opt/openmama/include/wombat/machine.h  not useable and not present)

·         Undefined pthread references (as before)

·         File in wrong format (as before)

I have also tried the latest downloads version 2.1.1.2 but for the same configure command line I get a series of “No such file or directory”  errors:

Line 58, 63,68,73

Any further thoughts?

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:11 PM
To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>, "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Cc: Brian Fitzpatrick <brian.fitzpatrick@...>

Hi Jacob,

Im still stuck with these errors – can you give some advice?

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Monday, August 27, 2012 2:23 PM
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

I have installed openmama on Ubuntu 12 (32bit)  but having trouble building it  - getting the following error:

Googling seems to indicate a problem  with Boost or pthreads.   Any advice?

Thanks

John

/bin/bash ../../../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -g -O2  -L/usr/local/lib -L./../../cpp -L./../../c -L./../../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -o mamalistencpp mamalistencpp.o -lmamacpp -lmama -lpthread -ldl -lnsl

libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -o .libs/mamalistencpp mamalistencpp.o  -L/usr/local/lib -L./../../cpp -L./../../c -L./../../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c /home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/cpp/.libs/libmamacpp.so -L./../c /home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so -L./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -lrt -luuid -lpthread -ldl -lnsl -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_init'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_settype'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_destroy'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_timedwait'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_create'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_init'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_key_delete'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_post'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_trywait'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_getvalue'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `sem_wait'

/home/openmama/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so: undefined reference to `pthread_join'

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.

[...]

MAMA API not enforcing entitlement checks message

Nicolas Huyghe

Hi,

I am new to Open MAMA and have the message below when starting a sample subscriber.

Note: This build of the MAMA API is not enforcing entitlement checks.

Please see the Licensing file for details

Does anybody know where this “licensing file” is or what this message is about?

Thanks

Nicolas

Re: installing openmama on ubuntu 12

Roan Horning

Hi Jacob,

I am able to build it on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit .

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:25 PM

To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>, "openmama-users@..."
<openmama-users@...>
Cc: Brian Fitzpatrick <brian.fitzpatrick@...>

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:11 PM
To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>, "openmama-users@..."
<openmama-users@...>
Cc: Brian Fitzpatrick <brian.fitzpatrick@...>

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Monday, August 27, 2012 2:23 PM
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

________________________________

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:11 PM
To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>, "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Cc: Brian Fitzpatrick <brian.fitzpatrick@...>

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Monday, August 27, 2012 2:23 PM
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

John Gray <john.gray@...>

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:11 PM
To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>, "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Cc: Brian Fitzpatrick <brian.fitzpatrick@...>

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:11 PM
To: Jacobraj Benet <jbenet@...>, "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>
Cc: Brian Fitzpatrick <brian.fitzpatrick@...>

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Monday, August 27, 2012 2:23 PM
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

FW: installing openmama on ubuntu 12

John Gray <john.gray@...>

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Monday, August 27, 2012 2:23 PM
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

openmama build problem - generateBuildFiles.sh

Matthew Mulhern <MMulhern@...>

Hi,
I have been trying to install openmama on a CentOS 5 VM with varying degrees of success.
My first problem was, after downloading the source from the website archive (openmama releases), running the generateBuildFiles.sh script led to "cp: cannot stat ltmain.sh" errors.

It seems that the generateBuildFiles script calls libtoolize which is supposed to create ltmain.sh within the working directory. Unfortunately, after looking this issue up online  (GNU - libtoolize) it seems that this tool has become deprecated in that this function is no longer carried out (in favour of  autoreconf  -i being used instead).

On slightly editing the script so that it copies the required ltmain.sh from /usr/share/libtool, the build seems fine from then on. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen problems like this?

I have attached the original and edited shell scripts used.

With thanks,
      Matt Mulhern

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: installing openmama on ubuntu 12

Roan Horning

Hi John,

I have successfully compiled and installed it on Ubuntu 12,04. It is
the 64 bit version though--so don't know if that is making a
difference.

Roan

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM, John Gray <john.gray@...> wrote:
Hi Roan,

I've loaded with synaptic package manager pretty much everything that might effect this in terms of pthread and boost. But still getting same error. Also still getting the warning about WombatCommon in the configuration stage - also getting an error in make: libmama.so: Could not read symbols: File in wrong format.

Has anyone else tried a Ubuntu 12 install?

Note: this is version 2.1 of the src and exe downloads.

From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
Date: Monday, August 27, 2012 2:23 PM
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

Re: build error on mamalibrary

Anthony Si

Hi Michael & Roan,

uuid.h is indeed missing.   After taking Roan's suggestion:

sudo yum install libuuid-devel
sudo yum install uuid-devel
sudo yum install e2fsprogs-libs

compile is working.

Thanks a lot!

Anthony

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Michael Schonberg <openmama.patch@...> wrote:

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012, Anthony Si wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> thanks for your quick reply.
>
>       uname -a
>       Linux 2.6.32-279.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jul 20 01:55:29 UTC
>       2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> It's CentOS 6.3
>
> it's from a download source archive, not git
>
>       sudo yum install uuid
>       Package uuid-1.6.1-10.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest
>       version
>       Nothing to do
>

> I symlinked /usr/lib64/libuuid.so -> /lib64/libuuid.so.1

Is uuid.h installed on your system?  It should be in /usr/include/uuid/

> Many thanks
>
> Anthony
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
>
>       Anthony,
>

>       Did you clone from the git repository or download the source
>       archive?
>
>       What OS are you running on?
>
>       Do you have libuuid installed on your system?
>

>       Regards,
>
>       -Mike

Michael Schonberg

[...]

expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â before âwUuidâ

subinitial.c: In function âavisBridgeMamaInbox_createByIndexâ:

subinitial.c:110: error: âwUuidâ undeclared (first use in this
function)

subinitial.c:110: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once

subinitial.c:110: error: for each function it appears in.)

subinitial.c:110: error: expected â;â before ât_uuidâ

subinitial.c:127: warning: implicit declaration of function
âuuid_generate_timeâ

subinitial.c:127: error: ât_uuidâ undeclared (first use in this
function)

subinitial.c:128: warning: implicit declaration of function
âuuid_unparseâ

make[5]: *** [subinitial.lo] Error 1

make[5]: Leaving directory
[...]

libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../.. -I./src/c -I/usr/local/include -I./../../ -I./../../../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -Wno-long-long -Wimplicit -Wno-long-long -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -g -O2 -Wimplicit -Wno-long-long -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wall -MT subinitial.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/subinitial.Tpo -c subinitial.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/subinitial.o

In file included from subinitial.c:22:

./../../../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c/wombat/wUuid.h:28: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â before âwUuidâ

subinitial.c: In function âavisBridgeMamaInbox_createByIndexâ:

subinitial.c:110: error: âwUuidâ undeclared (first use in this function)

subinitial.c:110: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

subinitial.c:110: error: for each function it appears in.)

subinitial.c:110: error: expected â;â before ât_uuidâ

subinitial.c:127: warning: implicit declaration of function âuuid_generate_timeâ

subinitial.c:127: error: ât_uuidâ undeclared (first use in this function)

subinitial.c:128: warning: implicit declaration of function âuuid_unparseâ

make[5]: *** [subinitial.lo] Error 1

make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/yatkasi/dvlp/OpenMAMA-2.1.1.2/mama/c_cpp/src/c/bridge/avis'

"

Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>

[...]

Re: problems compiling mama jni component

Roan Horning

Hi Mike,

Resolved my issue. I was trying to compile this from the src in the
git repository. I had also previously downloaded the source for the
OpenMAMA release 2.1.1.2. When I looked for the file in the 2.1.1.2
directory structure I found the needed file with the correct structure
defined. Once I copied this into the corresponding place in my git
clone, mamajni compiled without issue. Thanks once again for pointing
me in the right direction on the JDK issue.

Roan

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Roan Horning <roan.horning@...> wrote:
Mike,

Thank you for your response. I did have OpenJDK and not a valid JDK
from Oracle. I downloaded JDK 6 from Oracle, and have followed your
suggestion to make sure it is the system default:

$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33

$ echo $PATH
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

$ which java
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/bin/java

$ which javac
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/bin/javac

$ which ant
/usr/bin/ant

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_33"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.8-b03, mixed mode)

$ javac -version
javac 1.6.0_33

Is this a correct version of Java from Oracle to use, or did I
download the wrong SDK?

after running cleaning the project, re-running
generateBuildFiles.sh, configure --avis-path=/usr/local, make and
then make mamajni I get the following error:

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/x15/Development/openMAMA/mama/jni/src/c'

/bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I. -I../.. -I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/solaris
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/linux
-I/opt/openmama/include -pedantic -Wno-long-long -g -O2 -pedantic
-Wno-long-long -I./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c
-I./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -MT mamasubscriptionjni.lo -MD -MP
-MF .deps/mamasubscriptionjni.Tpo -c -o mamasubscriptionjni.lo
mamasubscriptionjni.c

libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/solaris
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/linux
-I/opt/openmama/include -pedantic -Wno-long-long -g -O2 -pedantic
-Wno-long-long -I./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c
-I./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -MT mamasubscriptionjni.lo -MD -MP
-MF .deps/mamasubscriptionjni.Tpo -c mamasubscriptionjni.c -fPIC
-DPIC -o .libs/mamasubscriptionjni.o

mamasubscriptionjni.c:33:36: fatal error: mamajni/dictionaryimpl.h: No
such file or directory
compilation terminated.

make[4]: *** [mamasubscriptionjni.lo] Error 1

I am using the version of ant provided by Ubuntu. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,

Roan

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
Roan,

You need a valid JDK 5 or 6 from Oracle installed on your machine as well as ant. The JDK bin directory, and ant should be in your path before any other directories that may have a javac (from OpenJDK perhaps). Also you need to set your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the JDK.

See the README file for details.

Regards,
-Mike