Date

Re: problems compiling mama jni component

Roan Horning

Hi Mike,

Resolved my issue. I was trying to compile this from the src in the
git repository. I had also previously downloaded the source for the
OpenMAMA release 2.1.1.2. When I looked for the file in the 2.1.1.2
directory structure I found the needed file with the correct structure
defined. Once I copied this into the corresponding place in my git
clone, mamajni compiled without issue. Thanks once again for pointing
me in the right direction on the JDK issue.

Roan

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Roan Horning <roan.horning@gmail.com> wrote:
Mike,

Thank you for your response. I did have OpenJDK and not a valid JDK
from Oracle. I downloaded JDK 6 from Oracle, and have followed your
suggestion to make sure it is the system default:

$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33

$ echo $PATH
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

$ which java
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/bin/java

$ which javac
/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/bin/javac

$ which ant
/usr/bin/ant

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_33"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 20.8-b03, mixed mode)

$ javac -version
javac 1.6.0_33

Is this a correct version of Java from Oracle to use, or did I
download the wrong SDK?

after running cleaning the project, re-running
generateBuildFiles.sh, configure --avis-path=/usr/local, make and
then make mamajni I get the following error:

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/x15/Development/openMAMA/mama/jni/src/c'

/bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I. -I../.. -I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/solaris
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/linux
-I/opt/openmama/include -pedantic -Wno-long-long -g -O2 -pedantic
-Wno-long-long -I./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c
-I./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -MT mamasubscriptionjni.lo -MD -MP
-MF .deps/mamasubscriptionjni.Tpo -c -o mamasubscriptionjni.lo
mamasubscriptionjni.c

libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/solaris
-I/home/x15/Development/jdk1.6.0_33/include/linux
-I/opt/openmama/include -pedantic -Wno-long-long -g -O2 -pedantic
-Wno-long-long -I./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c
-I./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -MT mamasubscriptionjni.lo -MD -MP
-MF .deps/mamasubscriptionjni.Tpo -c mamasubscriptionjni.c -fPIC
-DPIC -o .libs/mamasubscriptionjni.o

mamasubscriptionjni.c:33:36: fatal error: mamajni/dictionaryimpl.h: No
such file or directory
compilation terminated.

make[4]: *** [mamasubscriptionjni.lo] Error 1

I am using the version of ant provided by Ubuntu. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,

Roan

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com> wrote:
Roan,

You need a valid JDK 5 or 6 from Oracle installed on your machine as well as ant. The JDK bin directory, and ant should be in your path before any other directories that may have a javac (from OpenJDK perhaps). Also you need to set your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the JDK.

See the README file for details.

Regards,
-Mike

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@velocimetrics.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@lists.openmama.org" <openmama-users@lists.openmama.org>
Subject: [Openmama-users] 2.1.1.2 install problem and version compatibility
question

Hi,

I've just picked up OpenMama 2.x and I've a few questions if I may (I tried
#openmama, but all's quiet there)...

* Is OpenMama 2.x wire compatible with 1.x?  I'd like to run a Java 2.x
subscriber and be able to pick up either 1.x or 2.x messages.
* I've tried build OpenMama 2.1.1.2 from source(http://www.openmama.org/sites/openmama.org/files/openmama-src-2.1.1.2.tar_0.bz2
), but it's failing to configure. Problem seems to be that common/c_cpp
is missing ./configure.   OpenMama 2.1 seems to pass this point without
any problems.

Regards,

Bill

--
16 St Martin’s Le Grand
London

+44 (0) 20 3239 8137

are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error,
please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE
Euronext.

--
16 St Martin’s Le Grand
London
EC1A 4EN
United Kingdom

+44 (0) 20 3239 8137

Re: missing lib mamamwmimpl

Aidan Russell

Thanks all.

The README actually says "./configure --with-avis=/usr/local" and "--avis-path=${AVIS_HOME}"; the build seems to work only with the latter.

regards,
Aidan

Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...>

Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

Hi,

I've just picked up OpenMama 2.x and I've a few questions if I may (I tried #openmama, but all's quiet there)...

  • Is OpenMama 2.x wire compatible with 1.x?  I'd like to run a Java 2.x subscriber and be able to pick up either 1.x or 2.x messages.

Regards,

Bill

--
16 St Martin’s Le Grand
London
EC1A 4EN
United Kingdom

+44 (0) 20 3239 8137

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

[...]

Re: OpenMAMA doesn't seem to work with WOMBAT tibrv bridge

Slavomir Kundrik

Mike,

I forgot 1 more thing with the build.

When building on my VS2010 there is a setting under Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->Build and Run called “maximum number of parallel builds”. I had this set to 8 and several project builds (about 18 I think) would fail due to “File being used by another process”. After changing this to 1 all seems to work fine.

I’m not sure if you can work around this in the build (I don’t see an obvious easy solution) but it might be worth mentioning in the README file.

Regards,

Slavo

From: Bill Nokes <bill.nokes@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:09:56 +0100
To: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-users@...>

[...]

Hi Slavomir,

The OpenMAMA source code doesn't include the bridge implementation of the Tibrv middleware. It only have the bridge implementation of avis and so wouldn't  be able to run it on Tibrv.

Thanks,

--

Jacob

From: "slavomir.kundrik@..." <slavomir.kundrik@...>