kRe: installation with AVIS


mschonberg <mschonberg@...>
 

On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, John Gray wrote:

Apologies for resorting back again - this is probably more UNIX than mama!
I can see the make files being constructed, but the examples are still not being built - and the make seems to stop before getting to the examples directory,
At the end of the make file i get the following error:

libtool: link: gcc -shared  -fPIC -DPIC  .libs/bridge.o .libs/clientmanageresponder.o .libs/datetime.o .libs/dictionary.o .libs/dqstrategy.o .libs/error.o .libs/fielddesc.o .libs/imagerequest.o
.libs/listenermsgcallback.o .libs/log.o .libs/mama.o .libs/mamaStrUtils.o .libs/marketdata.o .libs/middleware.o .libs/msg.o .libs/msgfield.o .libs/msgqualifier.o .libs/msgstatus.o .libs/msgtype.o
.libs/msgutils.o .libs/publisher.o .libs/dqpublisher.o .libs/dqpublishermanager.o .libs/inbox.o .libs/quality.o .libs/reservedfields.o .libs/senderId.o .libs/servicelevel.o .libs/queue.o .libs/io.o
.libs/price.o .libs/priceimpl.o .libs/refreshtransport.o .libs/timer.o .libs/timezone.o .libs/source.o .libs/sourceman.o .libs/status.o .libs/stat.o .libs/statscollector.o .libs/statfields.o
.libs/statsgenerator.o .libs/subscmsgtype.o .libs/subscription.o .libs/subscriptiontype.o .libs/statslogger.o .libs/statsloggerfields.o .libs/symbollist.o .libs/ft.o .libs/symbollistmember.o
.libs/symbolmapfile.o .libs/syncresponder.o .libs/throttle.o .libs/transport.o .libs/fileutils.o .libs/playbackFileParser.o .libs/playbackpublisher.o .libs/playbackcapture.o .libs/connection.o
.libs/serverconnection.o .libs/manager.o .libs/version.o   -L/usr/local/lib -L./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -lnsl -lrt /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/common/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libwombatcommon.a -ldl
-luuid  -O2   -Wl,-soname -Wl,libmama.so.0 -o .libs/libmama.so.0.0.0

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have checked the libuuid file exists and have added the /lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to try to get around this - but no luck.
On what OS are you building? Where are you finding libuuid.so?

I build fine with no modifications to LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Fedora 16:
/lib64/libuuid.so.1
/lib64/libuuid.so.1.3.0
/usr/lib64/libuuid.so

I have the following packages installed:
[mike@fedora OpenMAMA-2.1]$ yum list installed *uuid*
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
libuuid.x86_64 2.20.1-2.3.fc16 @updates
libuuid-devel.x86_64 2.20.1-2.3.fc16 @updates


Regards,
-Mike


May I beg your assistance?

Thanks
j

On 4 June 2012 23:00, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com> wrote:
John,

Based on your make logs, it looks like you don't have ant and java (Sun JDK 6) installed. I plan on changing the default build to build C/C++ only as many users do not require Java. In the mean
time you can build OpenMAMA C/C++ with "make mama-install" and OpenMAMDA C/C++ with "make mamda-install". The OpenMAMDA build requires a couple of build patches that I submitted to the
openmama-dev list. I will be pushing these patches to git in the next day or so.

Regards,
-Mike

> -----Original Message-----
> From: John Gray [mailto:john.gray@neueda.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 6:17 AM
To: Jacobraj Benet
Cc: Mike Schonberg; openmama-users@lists.openmama.org
Subject: Re: [Openmama-users] installation with AVIS

Hi

Still having no luck getting the source to build to example execs and binary.
I have attached the config logs and the output from the make pushed to a file.

I used the commands:

./configure --avis-path=/usr/local --prefix=/home/john/openmama/Openmama-2.1
make

Any assistance welcome.

Thanks
John


On 1 June 2012 20:37, Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@nyx.com> wrote:


      Hi John,

      The configure script in openmama accepts -avis-path instead of -with-
avis, so you could try the following.

      ./configure -avis-path=/usr/local

      Also if you would like the openmama-2.1 to be updated, then you would
need pass the correct location as part of the prefix

      So I would recommend using the following configure arguments.

      ./configure -avis-path=/usr/local -prefix=openmama-2.1

      Thanks,
      Jacob


      From: John Gray <john.gray@neueda.com>
      Date: Friday, June 1, 2012 2:10 PM
      To: Michael Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com>
      Cc: "openmama-users@lists.openmama.org" <openmama-
users@lists.openmama.org>

      Subject: Re: [Openmama-users] installation with AVIS


      Hey Guys

      I have tried building the openmama examples - but can't get this to
happen.

      The ./configure --with-avis=/usr/local comes back with unknown parameter
--with-avis

      Also, the /opt/openmama files get updated from the build - but the files
in openmama-2.1/bin and openmama-2.1/lib don't change from the original dates.

      Am I doing something wrong - I would like to able to edit the examples
for running tests.

      thanks
      John


      On 29 May 2012 16:49, John Gray <john.gray@neueda.com> wrote:


              Hey - thats fixed it - thanks!

              Maybe need to add that to the mama README file.  avisd is placed
in the /usr/local/sbin folder.
              Also, was able to run publisher

              ./mamapublisherc -m avis -tport avis  and worked fine.


              j


              On 29 May 2012 16:37, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com> wrote:


                      avisd -v.



                      -Mike



                      From: John Gray [mailto:john.gray@neueda.com]
                      Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:32 AM
                      To: Mike Schonberg
                      Cc: openmama-users@lists.openmama.org


                      Subject: Re: [Openmama-users] installation with AVIS





                      no - how do I start the avis daemon on the localhost?

                      On 29 May 2012 16:10, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@nyx.com>
wrote:

                      Is the avis daemon running?



                      Regards,

                      -Mike



                      From:openmama-users-bounces@lists.openmama.org
[mailto:openmama-users-bounces@lists.openmama.org] On Behalf Of John Gray
                      Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 12:50 PM
                      To: openmama-users@lists.openmama.org


                      Subject: [Openmama-users] installation with AVIS



                      Hello



                      I have installed openmama and avis from the websites, but
when trying to run mamapublisherc I get the following error....



                      avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not
connected



                      command line:

                      mamapublisherc -m avis -tport pub



                      Avis tests for secure_sender and secure_receiver seem to
work fine.



                      What needs done to correct this?



                      Thanks

                      John

________________________________

                      Please consider the environment before printing this email.

                      Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

      ************************************************************************
*****
                      Note: The information contained in this message and any
attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and
please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.





________________________________



                      Please consider the environment before printing this email.

                      Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

      ************************************************************************
*****
                      Note: The information contained in this message and any
attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and
please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.





________________________________



      Please consider the environment before printing this email.

      Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
      ************************************************************************
*****
      Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it
is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and
please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com

****************************************************

Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system.  Thank you.  NYSE Euronext.




John Gray <john.gray@...>
 

Getting there - added a symlink to /usr/lib64 for libuuid.so and that got me further...

However, getting some undefined references:

libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -rdynamic -o .libs/comboticker comboticker.o parsecmd.o dictrequester.o  -L/opt/openmama/lib -L./../cpp -L./../cpp/mamda -L./../cpp/options -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/c -L./../../../../mama/c_cpp/src/cpp /opt/openmama/lib/libwombatcommon.a /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mamda/c_cpp/src/cpp/.libs/libmamda.so /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib/libmamacpp.so -L/usr/local/lib -L./../c /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/mama/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libmama.so -L./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -lrt -luuid -lpthread -ldl -lnsl -lm -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib
/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib/libmamacpp.so: undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_unhook()@GLIBCXX_3.4.15'
/home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/lib/libmamacpp.so: undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_hook(std::__detail::_List_node_base*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.15'

Im using Ubuntu:

Linux john-laptop 2.6.32-41-generic #89-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 27 22:18:56 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Lin

Thanks again for your help in this.
j


On 5 June 2012 20:03, mschonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:


On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, John Gray wrote:

> Apologies for resorting back again - this is probably more UNIX than mama!
> I can see the make files being constructed, but the examples are still not being built - and the make seems to stop before getting to the examples directory,
> At the end of the make file i get the following error:
>
> libtool: link: gcc -shared  -fPIC -DPIC  .libs/bridge.o .libs/clientmanageresponder.o .libs/datetime.o .libs/dictionary.o .libs/dqstrategy.o .libs/error.o .libs/fielddesc.o .libs/imagerequest.o
> .libs/listenermsgcallback.o .libs/log.o .libs/mama.o .libs/mamaStrUtils.o .libs/marketdata.o .libs/middleware.o .libs/msg.o .libs/msgfield.o .libs/msgqualifier.o .libs/msgstatus.o .libs/msgtype.o
> .libs/msgutils.o .libs/publisher.o .libs/dqpublisher.o .libs/dqpublishermanager.o .libs/inbox.o .libs/quality.o .libs/reservedfields.o .libs/senderId.o .libs/servicelevel.o .libs/queue.o .libs/io.o
> .libs/price.o .libs/priceimpl.o .libs/refreshtransport.o .libs/timer.o .libs/timezone.o .libs/source.o .libs/sourceman.o .libs/status.o .libs/stat.o .libs/statscollector.o .libs/statfields.o
> .libs/statsgenerator.o .libs/subscmsgtype.o .libs/subscription.o .libs/subscriptiontype.o .libs/statslogger.o .libs/statsloggerfields.o .libs/symbollist.o .libs/ft.o .libs/symbollistmember.o
> .libs/symbolmapfile.o .libs/syncresponder.o .libs/throttle.o .libs/transport.o .libs/fileutils.o .libs/playbackFileParser.o .libs/playbackpublisher.o .libs/playbackcapture.o .libs/connection.o
> .libs/serverconnection.o .libs/manager.o .libs/version.o   -L/usr/local/lib -L./../../../../common/c_cpp/src/c -lnsl -lrt /home/john/openmama/OpenMAMA-2.1/common/c_cpp/src/c/.libs/libwombatcommon.a -ldl
> -luuid  -O2   -Wl,-soname -Wl,libmama.so.0 -o .libs/libmama.so.0.0.0
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I have checked the libuuid file exists and have added the /lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to try to get around this - but no luck.

On what OS are you building? Where are you finding libuuid.so?

I build fine with no modifications to LD_LIBRARY_PATH on Fedora 16:
   /lib64/libuuid.so.1
   /lib64/libuuid.so.1.3.0
   /usr/lib64/libuuid.so

I have the following packages installed:
   [mike@fedora OpenMAMA-2.1]$ yum list installed *uuid*
   Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
   Installed Packages
   libuuid.x86_64                        2.20.1-2.3.fc16                   @updates
   libuuid-devel.x86_64                  2.20.1-2.3.fc16                   @updates


Regards,
-Mike

>
> May I beg your assistance?
>
> Thanks
> j
>
> On 4 June 2012 23:00, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
>       John,
>
>       Based on your make logs, it looks like you don't have ant and java (Sun JDK 6) installed. I plan on changing the default build to build C/C++ only as many users do not require Java. In the mean
>       time you can build OpenMAMA C/C++ with "make mama-install" and OpenMAMDA C/C++ with "make mamda-install". The OpenMAMDA build requires a couple of build patches that I submitted to the
>       openmama-dev list. I will be pushing these patches to git in the next day or so.
>
>       Regards,
>       -Mike
>
>       > -----Original Message-----
>       > From: John Gray [mailto:john.gray@...]
> > Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2012 6:17 AM
> > To: Jacobraj Benet
> > Cc: Mike Schonberg; openmama-users@...
> > Subject: Re: [Openmama-users] installation with AVIS
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Still having no luck getting the source to build to example execs and binary.
> > I have attached the config logs and the output from the make pushed to a file.
> >
> > I used the commands:
> >
> > ./configure --avis-path=/usr/local --prefix=/home/john/openmama/Openmama-2.1
> > make
> >
> > Any assistance welcome.
> >
> > Thanks
> > John
> >
> >
> > On 1 June 2012 20:37, Jacobraj Benet <JBenet@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >       Hi John,
> >
> >       The configure script in openmama accepts -avis-path instead of -with-
> > avis, so you could try the following.
> >
> >       ./configure -avis-path=/usr/local
> >
> >       Also if you would like the openmama-2.1 to be updated, then you would
> > need pass the correct location as part of the prefix
> >
> >       So I would recommend using the following configure arguments.
> >
> >       ./configure -avis-path=/usr/local -prefix=openmama-2.1
> >
> >       Thanks,
> >       Jacob
> >
> >
> >       From: John Gray <john.gray@...>
> >       Date: Friday, June 1, 2012 2:10 PM
> >       To: Michael Schonberg <mschonberg@...>
> >       Cc: "openmama-users@..." <openmama-
> > users@...>
> >
> >       Subject: Re: [Openmama-users] installation with AVIS
> >
> >
> >       Hey Guys
> >
> >       I have tried building the openmama examples - but can't get this to
> > happen.
> >
> >       The ./configure --with-avis=/usr/local comes back with unknown parameter
> > --with-avis
> >
> >       Also, the /opt/openmama files get updated from the build - but the files
> > in openmama-2.1/bin and openmama-2.1/lib don't change from the original dates.
> >
> >       Am I doing something wrong - I would like to able to edit the examples
> > for running tests.
> >
> >       thanks
> >       John
> >
> >
> >       On 29 May 2012 16:49, John Gray <john.gray@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >               Hey - thats fixed it - thanks!
> >
> >               Maybe need to add that to the mama README file.  avisd is placed
> > in the /usr/local/sbin folder.
> >               Also, was able to run publisher
> >
> >               ./mamapublisherc -m avis -tport avis  and worked fine.
> >
> >
> >               j
> >
> >
> >               On 29 May 2012 16:37, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >                       avisd -v.
> >
> >
> >
> >                       -Mike
> >
> >
> >
> >                       From: John Gray [mailto:john.gray@...]
> >                       Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:32 AM
> >                       To: Mike Schonberg
> >                       Cc: openmama-users@...
> >
> >
> >                       Subject: Re: [Openmama-users] installation with AVIS
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >                       no - how do I start the avis daemon on the localhost?
> >
> >                       On 29 May 2012 16:10, Mike Schonberg <mschonberg@...>
> > wrote:
> >
> >                       Is the avis daemon running?
> >
> >
> >
> >                       Regards,
> >
> >                       -Mike
> >
> >
> >
> >                       From:openmama-users-bounces@...
> > [mailto:openmama-users-bounces@...] On Behalf Of John Gray
> >                       Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 12:50 PM
> >                       To: openmama-users@...
> >
> >
> >                       Subject: [Openmama-users] installation with AVIS
> >
> >
> >
> >                       Hello
> >
> >
> >
> >                       I have installed openmama and avis from the websites, but
> > when trying to run mamapublisherc I get the following error....
> >
> >
> >
> >                       avis error code=10107, error msg=Transport endpoint is not
> > connected
> >
> >
> >
> >                       command line:
> >
> >                       mamapublisherc -m avis -tport pub
> >
> >
> >
> >                       Avis tests for secure_sender and secure_receiver seem to
> > work fine.
> >
> >
> >
> >                       What needs done to correct this?
> >
> >
> >
> >                       Thanks
> >
> >                       John
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> >                       Please consider the environment before printing this email.
> >
> >                       Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
> >
> >       ************************************************************************
> > *****
> >                       Note: The information contained in this message and any
> > attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If
> > the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
> > agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
> > are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
> > communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
> > in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and
> > please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> >
> >
> >                       Please consider the environment before printing this email.
> >
> >                       Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
> >
> >       ************************************************************************
> > *****
> >                       Note: The information contained in this message and any
> > attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If
> > the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
> > agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
> > are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
> > communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
> > in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and
> > please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> >
> >
> >       Please consider the environment before printing this email.
> >
> >       Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
> >       ************************************************************************
> > *****
> >       Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it
> > is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of
> > this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
> > responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are
> > hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
> > communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
> > in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and
> > please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.
> >
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
> Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com
>
> ****************************************************
>
> Note:  The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
> employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
> prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system.  Thank you.  NYSE Euronext.
>
>
>
>